• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb age census

How old are you

• 0-18 (sort it out Caldwell)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 19-30 (sort it out Tisdale)

Votes: 20 10.5%
  • 31-50 (sort it out Bally)

Votes: 74 38.9%
  • 51-70 (sort it out Saxton)

Votes: 78 41.1%
  • 71 + (sort it out Chadwick)

Votes: 17 8.9%

• Total voters

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Genius. How about an ECFC strap for specs so they can be hung around the neck ?

Sort it out Club Shop.
Go the whole hog and get ECFC branded denture containers, hearing aid rechargers, walking stick, disabled parking permit....'know your demographic'!

PS there's seesaw battle going on for dominance of Exeweb between the 51-70s and the 31-50s. The latter having just retaken the lead by oe person....

Radio Free Skaro

If you survived the Fox/Blake era and the aftermath , you will truly be City Till I Die!

haka

PS there's seesaw battle going on for dominance of Exeweb between the 51-70s and the 31-50s. The latter having just retaken the lead by one person....
One more vote here for the Godfrey Party (he took over the Red leadership after Saxton defected to the Greens).

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think Exeweb is at it's best when you have something important to do, but prevarication prevails and Exeweb ably assists in that prevarication!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exeweb was actually one of the first websites I used to regularly visit. I must have been 12/13 and the only place I could get on the internet was dial up at my dads work. Remember the colour scheme being very black and quite a different format.

Red Bill

I think exweb is currently the best it's been in the 12 years I've been a member. Whilst there is still the odd snidey comment, the abuse and downright offensive comments that were quite prevalent a few years ago, have pretty much disappeared now. Posters seem much more willing to try to understand the opinions of others that don't match their own and contributors on the forum are generally far more respectful towards each other.
I wonder if this is a reflection of the spirit of togetherness that I would say MT created and has continued During the Tidale era, or certainly in the second half of his time as manager, there was a lot of divisiveness amongst fans, and I wonder if that factionalism was reflected here and led to some of the nastiness?
Whatever the reason though, the discussion I see on here is a great deal better and far more interesting and engaging than the malicious bickering that would invariably develope by the 2nd page of any thread just a few years ago. Long may this continue!

Reactions: WXF

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've dipped in and out of Exeweb since joining in 2008 and I would say it's now the best it's been.

I would guess that Twitter and Facebook have attracted the sort of user who would more likely be abusive - I've been very active in the last couple of years and have never found anyone to over step the mark.

Red Bill

As others have mentioned, I also take issue with the "sort it out Saxton" tag. Saxton largely inherited John Newman's Team (didn't Saxton take over half way through 76-77 promotion season, or was it the years before? Memory is getting a bit shadey) and Brian Godfrey oversaw what was arguably the highpoint of City's history with 3 top half third teir finishes and a run to the quater finals of the FA Cup.

Bat Fastard

I've dipped in and out of Exeweb since joining in 2008 and I would say it's now the best it's been.

I would guess that Twitter and Facebook have attracted the sort of user who would more likely be abusive - I've been very active in the last couple of years and have never found anyone to over step the mark.
perhaps also coincides with the clubs wider performance, things have been going well the pitch as well and there's a good vibe around it. also, exeweb's design and lack of adverts compared to other forums should be commended, makes it a much better user experience!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
As others have mentioned, I also take issue with the "sort it out Saxton" tag. Saxton largely inherited John Newman's Team (didn't Saxton take over half way through 76-77 promotion season, or was it the years before? Memory is getting a bit shadey) and Brian Godfrey oversaw what was arguably the highpoint of City's history with 3 top half third teir finishes and a run to the quater finals of the FA Cup.
Also Saxton only managed us for two years with a total association with the club of four years, joining as a player in 1975 whilst Godfrey also had an association with the club for four years taking us on our greatest cup run, where we travelled the lengths and breadth of the country to draw then beat division one side Newcastle and Chris Waddle, as well as taking us to our highest ever league finish in modern times, so sort it out Godfrey (RIP)