• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I haven't seen Harper play, but if he's worse than Kegs' last two performances then we really have been lent a dud
The games I Have seen Harper play he has been Average to decent, very much lacking in confidence, but for what seems to be one if not our highest wage outlay he is not worth what we are paying (Thus far).

There is definitely a football in there though, just needs someone to unlock the obvious potential within him.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Where are we getting his wage figures from? It’s not one of these things where if it’s said often enough it becomes the truth, is it?

red1

Seems Harper is the lower league Dele Alli !!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where are we getting his wage figures from? It’s not one of these things where if it’s said often enough it becomes the truth, is it?
Probably from somewhere like this site, which when you look at it reads as total bollix in comparison to the value of the players to the squad, and if true it's not surprising a lot of players looking to move on but I take it with a pinch of salt.
https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/exeter-city/

pre_pandemic_peter

Re reserve keepers, what’s the craic with Jack Arthur? I realise he’s not first team ready.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re reserve keepers, what’s the craic with Jack Arthur? I realise he’s not first team ready.
No longer with the club. He's been playing at crediton united.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst it is nice to have Jokull back, the fact it is only 7 days suggests he is unwilling to come and sit on the bench, which is a shame as he would be good competition for Blackman on a season long loan and would allow Lee to get valuable game time on loan elsewhere.
That's a possible explanation. However, there could be numerous other explanations relating to the needs or requests of either club or the player themselves? Equally it could be a financially led decision but ultimately all we can do is speculate in the same way I did on another thread. My theory was that as Jokull was unknown to the current Manager or any of the existing coaches we initially want to check him over for a week before comitting to a seson long arrangement. We don't know for example if he is fully fit so to me this is a good move. Can you imagine the outcry if we signed him on for the rest of the season but he was clearly not match fit or ready?

Agent Andy

I’m quite surprised at some of the comments I’ve seen on all social media saying people would take him over Jamal . Mind you after Ward and Maxted he was bound to have been a big improvement . Apart from his personality I didn’t think he was that great . Only my opinion.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m quite surprised at some of the comments I’ve seen on all social media saying people would take him over Jamal . Mind you after Ward and Maxted he was bound to have been a big improvement . Apart from his personality I didn’t think he was that great . Only my opinion.
Which in your business counts for quite a lot when trying to promote individuals, if you believe in the product makes it easier to sell

As you say I loved his youthful enthusiasm, but it didn't work out at Morecambe and doesn't seem to have done much since. His signing could coincide with a shoring up of our fragile defence as well

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whilst it is nice to have Jokull back, the fact it is only 7 days suggests he is unwilling to come and sit on the bench, which is a shame as he would be good competition for Blackman on a season long loan and would allow Lee to get valuable game time on loan elsewhere.
Roolz innit ! Emergency keeper loans only last 7 days. If you are looking for longer you have to reapply every week complete with updated medical certificates etc for your injured players.