• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC V FGR Matchday thread

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Plus i think you have to factor in how FGR fans view a game against us. Whilst City fans may see FGR as a relatively local, bordering on derby type game, if you're an FGR fan there are 7 other L1 teams (Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham, MKD, Oxford, Portsmouth, Shrewsbury and Wycombe) that are closer to Nailsworth than Exeter and a couple more (port Vale and Derby) that are only a few miles and a quarter of an hour further. So when you add in the L1 teams that are also closer that they have become accustomed to playing over the last few years, they may not see a game against us in as anything special. So in fairness to them, 300 away fans for a club with their history and home attendances is a respectable showing.
Agreed.

Some City fans I know view Cheltenham away as 'localish'
That was also the case for supporters of teams I knew when I lived in Birmingham.

arthur

A few of the on the day attendees were 'neutrals' at a loose end following the Torquay - Taunton Town postponement.
Attenders

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder if the author was at our game on Saturday!

denzel

Attenders
Attendee, plural noun: attendees
a person who attends a conference or other gathering.

arthur

Attendee, plural noun: attendees
a person who attends a conference or other gathering.
Employers employ, attenders attend, escapers escape, retirers retire, etc. etc.

Employees are employed, internees are interned, payees are paid etc. etc.

arthur

I wonder if the author was at our game on Saturday!

It is hard to fathom why a blind eye is turned by referees and league officials, especially when the scourge is in plain sight. A player wastes time because he knows the added time will fall short of the true number, so his cheating is rewarded. The issue is easily eradicated. Independent time-keepers could be utilised or the stolen number of seconds and minutes doubled and played out at the end of the match – they’d soon retrieve the ball, then.

Hard to fathom indeed...

denzel

I'll go with the OED and Spoonz, thanks

Spoonz Red E

The English language is rich with exceptions and attendee is one of them as any current dictionary knole.
If there's a City match, I'll attend 'e. :cool:

Xavi

Collins was, quite rightly criticised for yesterday perrformance. Nothing else. Key was criticised for his performance as the No.10/attacking midifelder role he played yesterday and missing a sitter. Nothing else. Stop trying to turn it into an ongoing criticism that isn't there. Based on yesterday performances, nothing else, the criticism is justified.
Ongoing criticism?! Try not ignoring the facts (he took a knock) when criticising the performance.

Grecian Max

I'll go with the OED and Spoonz, thanks
Deffo attendees