• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Gary Caldwell - new manager

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can you give break down what was discussed?
Very wide ranging I came across it by accident and only heard part of it.

Lots of reference to how the Club is run and enviable record in choosing managers.

How GC feels he very much fits into the Club’s ethos in that he looks to keep bringing youngsters through and a special mention to 16 year old Harry coming on and helping to get a point away to Derby.

All in all from what he said he is not just down here for the beaches and has serious ambitions to take the Club further.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very wide ranging I came across it by accident and only heard part of it.

Lots of reference to how the Club is run and enviable record in choosing managers.

How GC feels he very much fits into the Club’s ethos in that he looks to keep bringing youngsters through and a special mention to 16 year old Harry coming on and helping to get a point away to Derby.

All in all from what he said he is not just down here for the beaches and has serious ambitions to take the Club further.
Any way we could get a grab of his interview so us Grecians could listen ?

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
... All in all from what he said he is not just down here for the beaches and has serious ambitions to take the Club further.
He's hired a boat? :cool:

iscalad

He's hired a boat? :cool:
Hopefully not the Titanic

grecIAN Harris

Hopefully not the Titanic
He couldn't get that out of Plymouth Sound.........

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
He couldn't get that out of Plymouth Sound.........
Happy to be his skipper to get out the Sound !
UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
50 seconds of the gaffer on Talk Sport

DB9

So far listening to his interviews he seems to "Get the club" and how we do things, Early days i know but he does come across well, Of course it is results dependant. One thing Ive noticed is he knows what the game on Monday means, He hasn't come out with the "Its just another 3 points" line, Although it is, To us its much much more and he recognized this i think. I can always remember when Bryan Robson was manager of Sheff Utd and they were due to play Sheff Weds live on TV, His pre match interview was so dour, All he said it was just another 3 points, The fans were making too much of this etc, They got stuffed 3-0 and even after the match it was like "We lost, So what?" i think and he never survived from that with the fans. Gary is very different from MT in the interviews but so far so good imo.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any way we could get a grab of his interview so us Grecians could listen ?
There is a link later on to a very small part of his interview on twitter.

The full interview with him as broadcast on TalkSPORT 2 (the IFL Show) was circa 8 minutes long right at the end of the broadcast and they followed it with a bit more about the Club so in total the coverage was 10 minutes.

You can listen to it by downloading the TalkSPORT app selecting Schedule then TalkSPORT 2 and select yesterday scroll down to the EFL program 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm and enjoy……it really is very well worth doing.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still available but now need to select 28th October.