• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Fleetwood Town match day thread

tom_ecfc

Much stronger side out today , new manager in attendance, players well up for it , 3 -1 city . Diabate , Nombe x2 UTC
Can’t see Diabate starting or even making an appearance today. Wouldn’t he have been given some minutes on Tuesday against FGR to get up to speed if he was going to be on the SJP pitch today?

Agent Andy

Can’t see Diabate starting or even making an appearance today. Wouldn’t he have been given some minutes on Tuesday against FGR to get up to speed if he was going to be on the SJP pitch today?
Possible, thought I read somewhere he was available again , maybe not then 😢

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's also rainbow laces day today (the shop are also selling them for £2).

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Need something from today even a point would be useful
I'm going 2-2 - Nombe & Jay with 89th Minute equaliser to send new manager and the crowd wild.

Hope we get some return today for what is no doubt Kevin's last game - he has done what he could in difficult circumstances and has presented himself really well

UTC

David Treharne

There's watery sunshine outside. It follows a day of heavy showers yesterday which deposited 11mm of rain on my garden. It's currently 15c, and the wind is shifting round from SSE to S. There's a 70% grey cloud cover (at times it's looked as though there's going to be more rain) but the wind strength has abated from yesterday - a blessed relief in view of the teams performance last week. The pitch looked in great condition yesterday afternoon, and I am hoping for a much improved performance after last weeks debacle - but I guess it depends on who is available from the injury list. For a player who only last season broke into the team Diabate is looking like an essential cog in the current Exeter squad.
Update at 13:00.

Bridgy 81

This afternoon’s match effectively marks the end of the first third of our league season.
Currently we’re 11th in the table with 18 points from 14 games.
We’ve had 5 wins in the league, 2 of which were away from home, and 2 of which we won 4:0.
Our 2 main strikers have scored 13 goals between them (Brown 8, Nombe 5) and Jevani is the second highest scorer in the league.
We have a positive goal difference (+4) and are above all 3 of the other teams promoted with us last season.
Excluding Barnsley away we’ve clearly had a wobble in the past few weeks but the obvious factors for that are losing 4 of our ‘boot room’ in very quick succession, including our Manager, and the almost complete decimation of our central defensive unit necessitating a combination of people having to play out of their natural positions and youngsters being introduced who, through no fault of theirs, are not yet ready.
And all this whilst attempting to compete at the highest level for us in the last 10 years and against teams with much larger squads and much bigger budgets.
It seems like we have a new Manager lined up now and it would appear that it’s not Kevin.
But I think he’s done well in extremely difficult circumstances and am appreciative of that.
Whoever the new Manager is I hope he can build on the foundations he’s been presented with on and off the field, which I think are as strong as they’ve been in all the time I’ve been following City.
I know I‘ve focussed on the positives in this summary and I know there’s likely to be further choppy waters ahead (probably starting in January) but if in July you’d offered me our current position, especially now having had the unexpected and unhelpful things that have happened to us since, I’d have taken it without hesitation.

tonykellowfan

Nice one Bridgy, I am a glass half full man myself too.

Pitch is worth a mention too, last year and this year has really shown the benefit of the investment in the pitch.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think we'll concede today and pretty sure we'll score too, so 1-1 for me with MJ getting ours. Disappointing gate though 4967.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
This afternoon’s match effectively marks the end of the first third of our league season.
Currently we’re 11th in the table with 18 points from 14 games.
We’ve had 5 wins in the league, 2 of which were away from home, and 2 of which we won 4:0.
Our 2 main strikers have scored 13 goals between them (Brown 8, Nombe 5) and Jevani is the second highest scorer in the league.
We have a positive goal difference (+4) and are above all 3 of the other teams promoted with us last season.
Excluding Barnsley away we’ve clearly had a wobble in the past few weeks but the obvious factors for that are losing 4 of our ‘boot room’ in very quick succession, including our Manager, and the almost complete decimation of our central defensive unit necessitating a combination of people having to play out of their natural positions and youngsters being introduced who, through no fault of theirs, are not yet ready.
And all this whilst attempting to compete at the highest level for us in the last 10 years and against teams with much larger squads and much bigger budgets.
It seems like we have a new Manager lined up now and it would appear that it’s not Kevin.
But I think he’s done well in extremely difficult circumstances and am appreciative of that.
Whoever the new Manager is I hope he can build on the foundations he’s been presented with on and off the field, which I think are as strong as they’ve been in all the time I’ve been following City.
I know I‘ve focussed on the positives in this summary and I know there’s likely to be further choppy waters ahead (probably starting in January) but if in July you’d offered me our current position, especially now having had the unexpected and unhelpful things that have happened to us since, I’d have taken it without hesitation.
Top Top Post - well said

UTC