• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Agent Andy

Who who has been interviewed for a second time Andy?
Artell and nico definitely, caldwell and Morris are names put to me by people in the know , or should be , but there’s always an outsider 👍

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Caldwell feels a bit 'meh'. Seems like a good coach, but hasn't had any success as a manager.
Didn't he win the L1 title with Wigan as their manager?

Average Joe

Just fishing mate ;)
Good catch...

Shame we're not willing to gi
Oh do **** off Joe. You're becoming embarrassing
That's nasty. Under Tisdale in league two we played good football, Tisdale also played good football in league two with MK.

In league one he was awful

So no I won't **** off

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does he know how to coach for not being nutmegged?
Ha, Grecian in Guzz has a faster typing finger.
No,but he still has nightmares about it.First appointment in the coaching staff:Scott Hiley.

tonykellowfan

Good catch...

That's nasty. Under Tisdale in league two we played good football, Tisdale also played good football in league two with MK.

So no I won't **** off
He failed miserably at his last three managerial jobs, MK Dons, Bristol Rovers and Stevenage.

This is a well known cognitive bias whereby people overvalue old information and are unable to absorb new information.

Average Joe

He failed miserably at his last three managerial jobs, MK Dons, Bristol Rovers and Stevenage.

This is a well known cognitive bias whereby people overvalue old information and are unable to absorb new information.
All in league one. I stand by what I said, in league two I'd give him a years contract, wouldn't touch him in league one.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
No,but he still has nightmares about it.First appointment in the coaching staff:Scott Hiley.
Any idea where Scott Hiley is these days - last seen at Cully according to Wiki

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good catch...

So no I won't **** off
Not entirely true. We played good football under Tisdale in the Conference and League 2 initially, but our second stint in L2 under Tisdale was some of the most boring football at SJP I've witnessed. How many 1 nil defeats did we have? It felt like every week for a while and he just couldn't sort it out.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
All in league one. I stand by what I said, in league two I'd give him a years contract, wouldn't touch him in league one.
You can't be a good manager in L2 and then suddenly become a sh!t manager in L1. Its really not that different in terms of management.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any idea where Scott Hiley is these days - last seen at Cully according to Wiki
Last I heard he owned a B&B in Clyst St mary with his wife