• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v MK Dons Match Day Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cracking performance, in that we looked like an established League 1 side. I'm really excited to see Nombe and Jay together with Jevani behind and we might well see that next week with Tim out...

Sweeney and Grounds were superb today.
I think Harper will slot seamlessly in for Tim and we'll have a few weeks of bringing Stansfield off the bench before he gets a start.

MT will pack the midfield away to Charlton.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Harper will slot seamlessly in for Tim and we'll have a few weeks of bringing Stansfield off the bench before he gets a start.

Agreed. It's unlikely we'll see both JS and Nombe up front together for a while, it means a change of team shape which could hurt us defensively in midfield.

Cowshed Grecian

Not sure about Harper, is he going to better than Harry and Archie?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Josh Key seems to have lost a yard of pace? when he first came in he was flying past full backs. Still a great player, you can tell he has that 3 step ability to know what he’s going to do before anyone else.
Josh Key has always been a very solid and reliable member of the team and doesn’t look out of place in League One but today was the first time in a while he's looked like a potential million pound Championship player. As Kirky said on commentary, maybe the transfer window closing has allowed him to stop worrying about a possible move and focus on playing for City.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

He might do.. Charlton is a big name, but
I don't think we have anything to fear. I reckon we will just play our normal game and see what happens

denzel

Cracking performance, in that we looked like an established League 1 side. I'm really excited to see Nombe and Jay together with Jevani behind and we might well see that next week with Tim out...

Sweeney and Grounds were superb today.
This is really confusing. Can you say Sam and Jay or we might be thinking about MJ...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is really confusing. Can you say Sam and Jay or we might be thinking about MJ...
Reminiscent of the days when we had Randell and Randall in the same team!

tavyred

Just to repeat what others have said about Sweeney. I do wonder if MT’s tough love stance with him a year or two back, gave him the kick up the backside he needed at that stage of career. Sweenz is class at this level, and just about crucial to the way we want to play.
Grounds was also imperious yesterday I thought.
Whisper it quietly, but we seemed to have quietly got ourselves a highly competitive league one team.
UTC!!

Red Devon

Just to repeat what others have said about Sweeney. I do wonder if MT’s tough love stance with him a year or two back, gave him the kick up the backside he needed at that stage of career. Sweenz is class at this level, and just about crucial to the way we want to play.
Grounds was also imperious yesterday I thought.
Whisper it quietly, but we seemed to have quietly got ourselves a highly competitive league one team.
UTC!!
I’d add Sparkes to the class at this level list too

Banksy

Reminiscent of the days when we had Randell and Randall in the same team!
Or denzil and denzel on these boards…

Last edited: