• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v MK Dons Match Day Thread

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Missed the best bit - when the ref tried to return a second ball to the dugout. Shaping up for a Beckhamesque style cross field pinger he’d show these young pups he was once a serious prospect in the Dog & Duck Bs only to shank it closer to the Bank ! He did laugh about it though.
:LOL:
I think I'll have to watch the full game back in order to see this - it isn't included on the ifollow extended highlights!

PeteUSA

Given the quality of some of the saves he had made, their keeper will surely be disappointed at the goal he let in. He should never have been beaten with a header from an accute angle like that.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Missed the best bit - when the ref tried to return a second ball to the dugout. Shaping up for a Beckhamesque style cross field pinger he’d show these young pups he was once a serious prospect in the Dog & Duck Bs only to shank it closer to the Bank ! He did laugh about it though.
Not forgetting the piece of Grounds magic when he nutmegged their player.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
:LOL:
I think I'll have to watch the full game back in order to see this - it isn't included on the ifollow extended highlights!
Unfortunately iFollow didn't pick it up - hopefully it will be on the 360.

crocks

What a very special afternoon at the park, one that will live long in the memory. I dont think that in all my years of supporting the club have I been prouder or happier to say that I am a Grecian.

City absolutely controlled yesterdays game and with a bit more quality/composure in and around their box, City could/should have notched more goals. Also didnt help that their keeper was their MoM by a country mile.

I thought Nombe had an off day. Didnt have the touch and made wrong decisions at key times. Too much pressure to impress given the new competition for his place perhaps?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given the quality of some of the saves he had made, their keeper will surely be disappointed at the goal he let in. He should never have been beaten with a header from an accute angle like that.
He'll be more disappointed with the ability of his defence to mark players at set pieces.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a very special afternoon at the park, one that will live long in the memory. I dont think that in all my years of supporting the club have I been prouder or happier to say that I am a Grecian.

City absolutely controlled yesterdays game and with a bit more quality/composure in and around their box, City could/should have notched more goals. Also didnt help that their keeper was their MoM by a country mile.

I thought Nombe had an off day. Didnt have the touch and made wrong decisions at key times. Too much pressure to impress given the new competition for his place perhaps?
Thought Nombe worked his nuts off, certainly not a fitness issue with him.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought Nombe worked his nuts off, certainly not a fitness issue with him.
Disagree - I think he is carrying an injury and performing inside limits in the hope he doesn't need a long lay off.

STURTZ

Not forgetting the piece of Grounds magic when he nutmegged their player.
Or Sweeny's classy backheel

JW57++

A very enjoyable game where both sides wanted to play football and also excellently refereed.
As others have said MK didn't have a Plan B, which was difficult to understand. Possibly their goalkeeper keeping them in the game was the reason for this.
We were all concerned that if Stubbs was not playing we would suffer defensively, clearly not the case based on yesterday's performance. I thought Grounds was superb with his reading of the game and distribution; a couple of incisive forward passes in the second half come to mind.
Charlton next week could be a real indicator as to what level we are at in this division.
No praise is high enough regarding Matt's signings in the window and from what I saw briefly yesterday Harper could play a very important part in our season.
An excellent summary T3U.