• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v MK Dons Match Day Thread

dommers

MK, Port Vale and Wycombe are only in the bottom half because we beat them. If they’d beaten us they’d all be too half. Don’t worry, we’re gonna do just fine and KMT is doing very well.
You may be right but when you look at the table the teams you expect to be at the top are there and we haven't played many.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely loved us this afternoon especially in the second half. Simply wow!

I've not much to add to what's been said already except to say that if today's referee had been in charge against Cheltenham there would have been a different outcome. MK are not one of my favourite clubs but I thought their fans did them proud today too.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
You may be right but when you look at the table the teams you expect to be at the top are there and we haven't played many.
We play better against the good sides. Next week we'll upset the odds and beat Charlton 3 nil. You heard it here first.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fair enough.

Grecianpasty

Anyone know what happened in the first half when suddenly MK were about 3 on one in an attack? Blackman pulled off a great save but it didn't appear to be a counter attack or anything untoward happening. Were we just caught out of position?
I can say with confidence that they where playing from the back, and we pressed a high line. Simple through ball caught us out and cheick was left on his own. It was great play by MK Dons.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A whole week off before the next game. Plenty of time for the new players to get to know everyone better and get a better understanding.

geoffwp

LOVING all the positive energy flowing from exeweb tonight. A massive buzz like a really good trip. Keep it coming.

Grecian Max

Cracking performance, in that we looked like an established League 1 side. I'm really excited to see Nombe and Jay together with Jevani behind and we might well see that next week with Tim out...

Sweeney and Grounds were superb today.

geoffwp

Cracking performance, in that we looked like an established League 1 side. I'm really excited to see Nombe and Jay together with Jevani behind and we might well see that next week with Tim out...

Sweeney and Grounds were superb today.
Absolutely spot on. Sweenz just gets better and better. There was a time we were talking about him as an average L2 player but now looks a quality L1 footballer. Excellent.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely spot on. Sweenz just gets better and better. There was a time we were talking about him as an average L2 player but now looks a quality L1 footballer. Excellent.
There was a time when Sweeney just couldn't pass to a teammate, seems to have really kicked on now and the right side of a back 3 is definitely his best position.