• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Cowshed Grecian

Getting a bit worrying re Ethan's eventual permanent departure from Chelsea. He has 2 seasons left on his contract and he is presumably switched on enough not to sign another new deal after four successive year long loans.

But that means he will be able to leave in summer 2024. He'll still be 23 so if Chelsea don't sell him next summer then the Tribunal fee could end up being much lower than the big transfer fee we hoped.
I’m surprised they haven’t sold him, heaven knows what the point is of repeat loans season after season for both parties. I’m assuming Ethan is on big wages that no one will match permanently. I think you’re right he’s going to run his contract down.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m surprised they haven’t sold him, heaven knows what the point is of repeat loans season after season for both parties. I’m assuming Ethan is on big wages that no one will match permanently. I think you’re right he’s going to run his contract down.
I certainly will not blame him if he does as personally I don’t think he owes Chelsea any favours unfortunately in the long run we will be the ones to lose out.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let's celebrate that we are due 20% of his loan fee to swell the coffers !

DawlishBouy

Transfermarkt hsowing Ampadu to Spezia on loan as done.

Trampus

Transfermarkt hsowing Ampadu to Spezia on loan as done.
If so, he’s in free fall.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Confirmed

Colesman Ballz

If so, he’s in free fall.
Even if he is on a minimum of £10k a week that would mean that he is being paid over half a million quid a year, and he only turns 22 in a fortnight's time. Some "freefall" that sucker, eat your heart out with envy ! :p

Bridgy 81

I think Julian Tagg said at the Senior Reds AGM today that we get 20% of Ethan’s loan fees (don’t quote me on that as I may have misheard him) and he speculated that the move to Spezia (that’s been confirmed since the meeting) maybe around £1.5M for the season i.e. £300,000 for us.
So more funds to spend in January if we haven’t spent them by 11pm tonight I suppose!

andrew p long

I think Julian Tagg said at the Senior Reds AGM today that we get 20% of Ethan’s loan fees (don’t quote me on that as I may have misheard him) and he speculated that the move to Spezia (that’s been confirmed since the meeting) maybe around £1.5M for the season i.e. £300,000 for us.
So more funds to spend in January if we haven’t spent them by 11pm tonight I suppose!
The 20% was confirmed in the Tribunal ruling and now applies to all loan (and sale) fees that Chelsea receive for Ethan.

Bridgy 81

By the way andrew, Phil (our Senior Reds Chair) asked your question and said he’d message you directly with Julian’s response.