• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

ExmouthMart

Not entirely sure that the soundtrack from 'Titanic' is what we need on the eve of a new season!
Icebergs are the least of our worries…….. Im more concerned about being devoured by a hideous green monster and those witnessing it taking along time if ever to recover……..

scottus86

I think this is the most boring preseason ever.

2 potential loans, in a position we're pretty full up on. No support striker or plan B in attack. No sight of a goalkeeper.

No speculation around our best players.

Hopefully we're completely under the radar all season too.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was chatting with my mate last night and he was laughing at how a reasonable assertion that FGR don’t have a mega budget in comparison with us ended up with people scouring documents from HMRC

Sign some players ffs:ROFLMAO:
Fact checking has become so unfashionable hasn't it?

The history includes 2 years ago MT saying in effect ECFC had been blown out of the water by the offer that FGR had made to Kane Wilson and there was no way we could compete. FGR have a bigger budget than us, but not a mega budget that some other League One sides have.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Today is the 108th anniversary of our match against Brazil and as the SM guys haven't mentioned it I'm assuming they're putting together montage videos for our new signings.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Fact checking has become so unfashionable hasn't it?

The history includes 2 years ago MT saying in effect ECFC had been blown out of the water by the offer that FGR had made to Kane Wilson and there was no way we could compete. FGR have a bigger budget than us, but not a mega budget that some other League One sides have.
No disrespect guys , I know its Loch Ness monster season news wise and the last of a series of tumbleweeds have just blown by me, but I'm done with all this talk of FGR and/or Argyle...

Trapdoor

Alex bass signing.

Last edited:

Banksy

I think this is the most boring preseason ever.

2 potential loans, in a position we're pretty full up on. No support striker or plan B in attack. No sight of a goalkeeper.

No speculation around our best players.

Hopefully we're completely under the radar all season too.
Let’s hope Nombe and Stubbs are fit to play a full game against Lincoln then because we’ll certainly need them now , Nombe in particular. Maybe Matt has had the idea of converting Coley to an out and out striker in the absence of a real one being on the horizon, a cunning plan B! Who will play in goal , that’s the question.
Perhaps we’ll squeeze in a couple of unexpected signings tomorrow out of the blue.Anyway I reckon a 1-1 draw against Lincoln.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Alex bass signing.
Who for?

Banksy

Alex bass signing.
I won’t believe it until In the Know confirms it.

Intheknow84

🐟☑