• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I had so many phone calls and enquiries I was beginning to believe it myself but I was still breathing so was re-assured (y)
Why would they call you?

Boyo

That's from their 2019 Accounts. But it's the total wage bill; 1/3 of that will be manager, coaches, office staff etc who are not "players". Only registered , contracted players not inc Academy count for the 50% (IIRC it's 60% in L1).

Unless this has changed recently, we like other clubs are told twice a season our rank in P1 players wages, though not anyone else's actual figures.
A third of that figure would be £1.25m, which seems awfully high for the non-playing staff, but maybe that’s right?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
They reported my death a few years back so anythng is possible :mad::mad::mad:
Really sorry, this made me chuckle.

Hopefully some movement today everyone...

Grecian Max

I was chatting with my mate last night and he was laughing at how a reasonable assertion that FGR don’t have a mega budget in comparison with us ended up with people scouring documents from HMRC

Sign some players ffs:ROFLMAO:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was chatting with my mate last night and he was laughing at how a reasonable assertion that FGR don’t have a mega budget in comparison with us ended up with people scouring documents from HMRC

Sign some players ffs:ROFLMAO:
To be honest it is sort of irrelevant the overall size of there budget as nothing in football prevents people lobbing whatever they want at it, but like almost all football clubs they massively overspend and lose money hand over fist.

Again i would have wage ceilings for each division (Such as premiership rugby) , as it is apparent the current model is poor and poorly regulated.

Grecian Max

Swindon fans not too complimentary about Gilbert. Plus I think he’s a left winger, so I’d be surprised if we targeted that position unless we’re having a change in formation this season.
Tbf Swindon played pretty much the same system to us, so for those 8 games or so he must have fitted in somehow

Swindon fans are also up there with Argyle for the their hot takes

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Be a very short thread if was only about ours!
1700+ posts says not, and still nothing has happened, generally about what could be, but probably not, with a few digressions,

StroudGrecian

I think we all may need this just to cheer us up a bit!! ENJOY!!
Not entirely sure that the soundtrack from 'Titanic' is what we need on the eve of a new season!

Squeezebox

I think we all may need this just to cheer us up a bit!! ENJOY!!
I still have nightmares every time I see this that Josh is going to be pulled up for a foul throw!

Boyo

I still have nightmares every time I see this that Josh is going to be pulled up for a foul throw!
It should have been a Barrow throw. Key then did a foul throw. The ball into the box was poor. The ball bounced. Their number 2 should have got something on it. Jay's strike went through the keeper's legs. Absolute bedlam in the stands and one of my favourite moments in football :)