• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Same person who said Jack Arthur was in trouble before he was exiled from the team and loaned out to the arse end of nowhere?
“Arse end of nowhere” it’s Bath ffs 😂

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

But on the other hand, how many seasons have there been when we haven't lost at least one of our best players in the summer? It's actually harder to lose key players (no pun intended) than it is to lose them and have a raft of new signings to integrate than it is to stick with what you have. I do agree we need at least two players though!
True , but most seasons we have not been in League 1

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Same person who said Jack Arthur was in trouble before he was exiled from the team and loaned out to the arse end of nowhere?
We’ll see but my money’s on the Stansfield link being a load poo.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are we really getting so desperate we are taking leads off a twitter profile with Razor as the photo?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The social media team are in at SJP nice and early. Something happening? :ROFLMAO:

robchave

The social media team are in at SJP nice and early. Something happening? :ROFLMAO:
Drone shots of grass growing?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Obviously to avoid the heat.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
True , but most seasons we have not been in League 1
True, and honestly I am guessing at how challenging the new level will be but one thing that happened last season (and I believe is why we went up) is that we learned how to play against different types of systems. In previous seasons we had been too easily ground down by very strong pressing in midfield and physical play. Last season the players seemed to know when to play expansive football and when to simply get stuck in, and if I recall correctly there were a lot of games where we didn't score before the break but went on to win (maybe I am imagining that). I don't see this group of players with their mentality losing too many games where you need to just stay in the game when things are not going your way.
I would love to see a quality defensive midfielder brought in and a goalkeeper, with a decent on loan striker for Nombe cover, but at least two of those seem very possible. Certainly it will be hard now to integrate new outfield players before the start of the season, we should see what August brings in terms of new names.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Or maybe not!

JCWhoosh

KMT has said that he can easily get players in but at the moment what is on offer won't improve what we have. I'm happy with the waiting game in order to get quality, not just squad quantity.