• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

CC

Ex-City youth player Alex Moyse came on to make his debut in Torquay’s last game of the season today.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ex-City youth player Alex Moyse came on to make his debut in Torquay’s last game of the season today.
t'will be interesting to see Torquay's retained list... both for Alex Moyse and Dean Moxey (missing from the squad an Saturday - presumably injured?).

Bridgy 81

t'will be interesting to see Torquay's retained list... both for Alex Moyse and Dean Moxey (missing from the squad an Saturday - presumably injured?).
Dean Moxey played in the Stanno match at Yeovil on Saturday.

Number13

Dean Moxey played in the Stanno match at Yeovil on Saturday.
Can only assume thats it for him at Torquay then - not suggesting its not amicable just that playing in a charity game during the season doesnt smack of committed to next year

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can only assume thats it for him at Torquay then - not suggesting its not amicable just that playing in a charity game during the season doesnt smack of committed to next year
It could be.

It might also be that Torquay could have given him permission to play due to the nature of the charity and then left him out for the League game.
There wasn't a lot riding on the Torquay league game (Sunday not Saturday).
Playoff's were out of reach, Torquay a good 6 points ahead of the teams immediately below them.

Moxey played 37 games last season (all starts).

Cygnus

Alex Moyse from what I hear from friends who are Torquay supporters is highly rated by the club and they expect big things from him next season. Could he turn out to be a player that was released in error?

On the other hand, they are expecting Dean Moxey not to be offered a new contract. His legs have gone and he is now a liability defensively.

Bridgy 81

It could be.

It might also be that Torquay could have given him permission to play due to the nature of the charity and then left him out for the League game.
Well said.

jimmy

It could be.

There wasn't a lot riding on the Torquay league game (Sunday not Saturday).
Playoff's were out of reach, Torquay a good 6 points ahead of the teams immediately below them.

Moxey played 37 games last season (all starts).
I'm not doubting for a second the importance of the match for Moxers and for all but it does seem highly unusual to miss a league match for a charity event..even if the league match was a dead rubber.

dontpassback

Alex Moyse from what I hear from friends who are Torquay supporters is highly rated by the club and they expect big things from him next season. Could he turn out to be a player that was released in error?

On the other hand, they are expecting Dean Moxey not to be offered a new contract. His legs have gone and he is now a liability defensively.
Maybe young moyse will make a breakthrough with the gulls,I hope he does,as for Deano,he maybe getting on a bit,but what memories he has left us with,happy as Larry is just one 👍

Bridgy 81

I'm not doubting for a second the importance of the match for Moxers and for all but it does seem highly unusual to miss a league match for a charity event..even if the league match was a dead rubber.
I respect your view, but in the circumstances of the connection between Deano and Stanno and that Torquay’s game was, as you say, a dead rubber, I disagree.