• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
This weeks Radio Times for 1986. 10th-16th May.

Cup Final day was much anticipated between the two best sides in Division One & arguably Europe.

View attachment 8510
Ah, the good old FA Cup final day, back when it really used to mean something. Happy days!

Remember being glued to the TV all day - the big build up, TV cameras on the coach, etc, etc. And there was quite often a surprise in store.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
This weeks Radio Times for 1986. 10th-16th May.

Cup Final day was much anticipated between the two best sides in Division One & arguably Europe.

View attachment 8510
Gary Lineker: "Lineker outpaces Hansen to score. Should've been me that day."
Alan Hansen: "You're laughing at half past three - I'm laughing at quarter to five!"

Their documentary "The Essential FA Cup Final" is worth a watch on YouTube.

Oldsmobile-88

South of the River on ITV4..Originally broadcasted on ITV last month.

The stories of some of English footballs most high profile young players who all hail from South London.
14% of English Premier League players are from a 10 sq mile area south of the Thames.

Rio Ferdinand perhaps the most famous, he was brought up on The Friary Estate off the Old Kent Rd in Southwark.

DB9

Two comedy programmes that have started recently on BBC1 that i think are worth a go, A new series called "Here We Go" and a second series of "The Other One" Not bad viewing for a Friday evening.

Oldsmobile-88

Heads up for next Wednesday(18th May) at 9pm on Sky Arts Channel..Oil City Confidential.Julien Temples Film about Dr Feelgood.

Set your VCRs

Bridgy 81

Heads up for next Wednesday(18th May) at 9pm on Sky Arts Channel..Oil City Confidential.Julien Temples Film about Dr Feelgood.

Set your VCRs
Wilko Johnson is at the Cheese and Grain in Frome Saturday 9th July, the evening after our PSF at Taunton.
Decisions, decisions.

Oldsmobile-88

Wilko Johnson is at the Cheese and Grain in Frome Saturday 9th July, the evening after our PSF at Taunton.
Decisions, decisions.
Good to see Wilkos still about & gigging....Pretty rare for someone to survive pancreatic cancer.

Bridgy 81

Set your VCRs
Julien Temple released a documentary about Glastonbury Festival, in what I think was one of their fallow years,(2006) and it’s premiere was at the Palace Night Club, Bridgwater, because he lived locally to here I believe at that time.
I went along to watch it and nicked one of the posters from the wall afterwards and asked him to sign it for my brother so I could send it to him as he’d been a frequent attender for many years but unwell at that time.

Bridgy 81

Good to see Wilkos still about & gigging....Pretty rare for someone to survive pancreatic cancer.
I read his autobiography recently, ‘Don’t You Leave Me Here’. Very interesting it was too.

Oldsmobile-88

14th May 1969.

When i saw the Its A Knockout teams, my first thought was the infamous Anti Nowhere League b side of their debut single, So What ? Just Brighton was missing 😁

E5A778A7-B8BA-496D-9AB0-4A8F7994B2A4.jpeg