• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
And one wonders how many points clear of Forest Green we’d be if Sam had been fit all season!
Or if we'd had Stubbsy fit all season and those draws that were plaguing us at the beginning of the season were turned into victories.

grecIAN Harris

Highlights.
Cracking save by Super Sammy at the death.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great commitment. Good left-foot cross by Jake to set up the goal!

DawlishBouy

Cowshed Grecian

Imagine if Nombe and Stubbs hasn’t had their injury problems.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if we will get a mention of more than ten seconds on Quest tonight?

Cowshed Grecian

What a run by Caprice for our goal, the bloke has done that all season. I don’t think I’ve known a City player who has changed my opinion of him like he has this season. He has been superb aswell.

fred binneys head

Just got back, what a day of football! First, argyle complete their pathetic end of season capitulation by getting spanked 5-0 at home and then we go and grab a deserved draw at Northampton, with fantastic scenes in the away end, pyro and all.

Thought Grounds, Diabate and Dawson were excellent and Super Sammy showed us what we’ve been missing recently with a superb 30 minute cameo and a striker’s finish which was missing previously - Ozzie is a handful but he hasn’t got the striker’s instinct that Sammy has got. There was a similar opportunity about 10 minutes previously but caprices cross went to the keeper and no one made the front post run.

Overall, a superb day out and great to see Norman Collier do the business for us.

Bring on the Vale and the Championship next Saturday, which I clearly predicted many weeks ago if you remember.

STURTZ

Imagine if Nombe and Stubbs hasn’t had their injury problems.
Just shows the strength of the squad. Diabate, Grounds, Zanzala, Phillips and Amond have done great when called upon. Credit to our back room staff and Matt Taylor of course.

Cowshed Grecian

Just got back, what a day of football! First, argyle complete their pathetic end of season capitulation by getting spanked 5-0 at home and then we go and grab a deserved draw at Northampton, with fantastic scenes in the away end, pyro and all.

Thought Grounds, Diabate and Dawson were excellent and Super Sammy showed us what we’ve been missing recently with a superb 30 minute cameo and a striker’s finish which was missing previously - Ozzie is a handful but he hasn’t got the striker’s instinct that Sammy has got. There was a similar opportunity about 10 minutes previously but caprices cross went to the keeper and no one made the front post run.

Overall, a superb day out and great to see Norman Collier do the business for us.

Bring on the Vale and the Championship next Saturday, which is clearly predicted many weeks ago if you remember.
It’s going to be a good week constantly looking at the League 2 table eh Fred?