• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Gas (Bristol Rovers) Matchday Thread

logman

Their current capacity is 9,700.
It's normally much more than that.
They have been restricted from having fans on the lower steps of the terraces plus they have a fettish for planting tents around the perimeter disguised as seating areas which further reduced some of the terracing area.

Bridgy 81

They have been restricted from having fans on the lower steps of the terraces plus they have a fettish for planting tents around the perimeter disguised as seating areas which further reduced some of the terracing area.
What is it with Bristol Rovers and tents?
They’d be best placed at Brean or Berrow. Lovely beaches, but not nice sea and watch out for the mud.
I’d recommend Burnham but again the mud is tricky.
Tents and football don’t go together.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe it was their marquee signing😀

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Maybe it was their marquee signing😀
I can see the intent at a pun was there , Just didn't hold water ! ;)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That Coley miss is haunting me.
And me. However, I don't think there's been enough praise of what a brilliant job Josh Key did in creating the chance. Also really impressive is that late on in a tough away game we still managed to get 4 players into the box waiting for the cross.

crocks

... And MJ was totally correct in laying the ball off to Coley as he was in the clear and MJ wasn't

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I know the miserablists don't like these things, but I do, and it's always an honour to have an Exeter player in the L2 player of the week!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
... And MJ was totally correct in laying the ball off to Coley as he was in the clear and MJ wasn't
Maybe, but I'm pretty sure a confident MJ who had been scoring recently would have smacked that first time into the bottom corner. It's the sort of finish I always associate with David Wheeler - the ability to time the late run in to the box to perfection and the technigue to hit it first time.

grecIAN Harris

Spoken like a non striker. Any striker/forward 10 yards out, slap bang in the middle of the goal, with a gap big enough to drive a car through should be shooting. I think it says a lot about MJ's confidence in front of goal at the moment. As was said previously, MJ during the early part of the season wouldn't have thought twice about hitting it and 9 times out of 10 would have hit the back of the net

Number13

That Coley miss is haunting me.
Unbelievable really - will cost us in the end