• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window 2022

Boyo

It's all very quiet! Will we be signing anyone?
Assuming Zanzala is ok, then do we really need anyone? It would certainly be nice to have another striking option, but that's never going to be cheap. Elsewhere it feels like we have competition for places everywhere.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
More outs than ins I reckon

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
More outs than ins I reckon
It depends how desperate someone gets in the next few days as to whether key Jay etc. Will be here

Grecian Max

Assuming Zanzala is ok, then do we really need anyone? It would certainly be nice to have another striking option, but that's never going to be cheap. Elsewhere it feels like we have competition for places everywhere.
We've lost Edwards, Seymour and Cox from and added Zanzala - I think we need another attacking option before the window closes even though none of those played much.

With Nombe still injured Zanzala and Amond isn't enough and only one injury away from looking very ordinary with no way of changing it up top.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've lost Edwards, Seymour and Cox from and added Zanzala - I think we need another attacking option before the window closes even though none of those played much.

With Nombe still injured Zanzala and Amond isn't enough and only one injury away from looking very ordinary with no way of changing it up top.
We will still have the option of recalling Seymour and Cox.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

As we play one up top, if Zanzala isn’t too bad and with Nombe coming back soon, plus Amond would a parent club be keen to loan a player knowing their game time would be limited?

Naturally, if OZ is crocked long term then we definitely need another body up front.

I still have an uneasy feeling that Key will be sold in the next 6 days and if we fail to replace him, it could seriously derail things. Caprice could switch to the right and Sparkes back on the left, but that would leave us weaker imo.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We will still have the option of recalling Seymour and Cox.
I’d rather Caprice play as a central striker than Seymour. And, as much as Cox is talented, he’s not ready.

andrew p long

So much depends on whether Zanzala is out for as long as MT appeared to fear on Saturday. If he's out for a month or more we are up a particularly unpleasant creek in terms of strikers/goalscoring. (Saturday for example the only failing was not putting Walsall to the sword - even their fans pointed out that although we miles better than them, we should have won 4-0 and should have put the game to bed much earlier than the 84th minute)

It isn't a massive problem for the next ten days, in which we only have one game, in which Amond will have to play 80+ minutes. But at the start of February we play league games Sat-Tues-Sat-Tues-Sat. Amond can't do all that.

I was thinking of who else in the squad can play up front if desperate. Cox and Seymour aren't currently the answer, so sending them out on loan merely recognises that issue. My mind drifted to who had played upfront before. Dieng has elsewhere and Key had 30 minutes...but we wouldn't want to lose them from their current roles.

jimmy

So much depends on whether Zanzala is out for as long as MT appeared to fear on Saturday. If he's out for a month or more we are up a particularly unpleasant creek in terms of strikers/goalscoring. (Saturday for example the only failing was not putting Walsall to the sword - even their fans pointed out that although we miles better than them, we should have won 4-0 and should have put the game to bed much earlier than the 84th minute)

It isn't a massive problem for the next ten days, in which we only have one game, in which Amond will have to play 80+ minutes. But at the start of February we play league games Sat-Tues-Sat-Tues-Sat. Amond can't do all that.

I was thinking of who else in the squad can play up front if desperate. Cox and Seymour aren't currently the answer, so sending them out on loan merely recognises that issue. My mind drifted to who had played upfront before. Dieng has elsewhere and Key had 30 minutes...but we wouldn't want to lose them from their current roles.
Totally. We are waiting on the news of the scan. If Oz's recovery is going to be a month or more (+ regaining match fitness), we will have to dip into the market.

Perhaps a high profile League 1 or even Championship striker is looking for a month or two of first team football, in the same way Sparkes et al. have...

andrew p long

Totally. We are waiting on the news of the scan. If Oz's recovery is going to be a month or more (+ regaining match fitness), we will have to dip into the market.

Perhaps a high profile League 1 or even Championship striker is looking for a month or two of first team football, in the same way Sparkes et al. have...
Quite. The problem though is that IIRC loans between EFL clubs are for the full duration until the next transfer window ie for the rest of the season. If that's right, attracting someone for just a month or slightly longer will be tricky.