• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Archie Collins

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does this count as a "marquee signing"?

Spoonz Red E

Does this count as a "marquee signing"?

Grecian2K

Produced locally, too!!

Probably the best news of the summer…hopefully we will get the opportunity to push him on a bit further instead of having him so deep. 👍

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
From the Matt Chat this afternoon sounds like Archie may be getting some game time against Wolves next Wednesday

andrew p long

From the Matt Chat this afternoon sounds like Archie may be getting some game time against Wolves next Wednesday
really good news; much quicker back than I expected. With first team games only one per week in September there may be only a couple more that he misses.

Ironically with Kite back from suspension, Taylor's signing and Dieng and Atangana's injuries clearing up we could be spoilt for choice in midfield by the end of the month!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought this is more suitable on here than the MDT.

I'm disappointed in what we're getting from Archie at present, he has plenty of L2 experience and has even had the armband at times but he is lacking what is needed in our midfield. He doesn't dictate the play or influence it very much and is often anonymous, he's neat and tidy in what he does but, for me, you get more for your money from his junior Harry Kite.

Come on Archie step up and pull your weight, we need promotion this time round.

grecIAN Harris

Thought this is more suitable on here than the MDT.

I'm disappointed in what we're getting from Archie at present, he has plenty of L2 experience and has even had the armband at times but he is lacking what is needed in our midfield. He doesn't dictate the play or influence it very much and is often anonymous, he's neat and tidy in what he does but, for me, you get more for your money from his junior Harry Kite.

Come on Archie step up and pull your weight, we need promotion this time round.
I've been saying this for a little while but have been getting called out for it. I still think Taylor is the better option as he is more dynamic, carries more a physical presence and always wants the ball.

Bridgy 81

I’m don’t agree with the negativity about Archie.
He’s still only 22 but has already played around 150 times for us.
Central midfield isn’t an easy position in the professional game and at our level you’re unlikely to find someone who is a complete player.
He’s very durable, which is important to any team/squad and in my view can be relied on to do a good job for us.

fred binneys head

What negativity? He’s great.