• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Archie Collins

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reminds me of a Div 2 version of Harry Winks.

Ash

The chart shows that he’s clearly a good player that makes both forward runs and passes. That said, in recent weeks I don’t think he’s performed well. Definitely in need of a rest IMO.
View attachment 5831
Nothing like a few facts to force people to see reality.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
For those that love statistical analysis!

Positive spin

For those that love statistical analysis!

According to the article James Hamon is one of the academies success stories

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
According to the article James Hamon is one of the academies success stories
Indeed he was.

We successfully got rid of him :)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed he was.

We successfully got rid of him :)
Joking aside, Hamon wasn't in the academy was he? Didn't he join the club as an 18 year old on a pro contract?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Joking aside, Hamon wasn't in the academy was he? Didn't he join the club as an 18 year old on a pro contract?
Yes from Guernsey. Sliding doors department: he played more games than Pym that first season. Now Christy is going up to the Championship with Peterborough, Hamon presumably back to Truro having been on the bench at Torquay.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's listed on the club website as an academy graduate.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes from Guernsey. Sliding doors department: he played more games than Pym that first season. Now Christy is going up to the Championship with Peterborough, Hamon presumably back to Truro having been on the bench at Torquay.
Apologies as usual for the excessive pedantry but according to Soccerbase in 2014-2015 Pym started 25 league games and Hamon 21.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apologies as usual for the excessive pedantry but according to Soccerbase in 2014-2015 Pym started 25 league games and Hamon 21.
View attachment 6212
Sorry, my bad. Should have looked it up as I usually do. SG 1, JK 0 (after extra time).

But the principle still applies. I remember many people at the Club thought Hamon would kick on as far as Pym but sadly not. IIRC he's also a club pro standard golfer, though.