• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Jevani Brown

scottus86

Good goal from Jevani Brown this weekend and looked really involved and influential to our build up play. A vast improvement on December's displays.

Hopefully he can kick on and get another 4 or 5 goals in the second half of the season.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good goal from Jevani Brown this weekend and looked really involved and influential to our build up play. A vast improvement on December's displays.

Hopefully he can kick on and get another 4 or 5 goals in the second half of the season.
Perhaps, not a surprise that he struggled when Nombe was out and flourished when Zanzala came in yesterday.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps, not a surprise that he struggled when Nombe was out and flourished when Zanzala came in yesterday.
Agreed. He needs someone to do the heavy lifting to help free up his game fingers crossed it can start clicking again for him and our front men.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surprised anyone doubted him. Quality player, just needs someone strong up front to give him the space to work his magic. He'll score more voals but will still prove more valuable as a proviider.

I think Jevani also benefitted yesterday from the extra space created by Scunthorpe deciding to man-mark Matt Jay. Their number 12 trailed round all afternoon after our captain and generally did a pretty good job in keeping him quiet. Fascinating to watch.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Jevani also benefitted yesterday from the extra space created by Scunthorpe deciding to man-mark Matt Jay. Their number 12 trailed round all afternoon after our captain and generally did a pretty good job in keeping him quiet. Fascinating to watch.
I can't remember seeing a man marking job at our level since Bally used to task either Alan Tonge or David Cooper for occasional job. Mad Dog was used to operating on a very short leash 😉.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes and also Oz did a great job up top leading to a number of knock downs. Browny had three other sighters to practice with before his spectacular finish

Average Joe

Surprised anyone doubted him. Quality player, just needs someone strong up front to give him the space to work his magic. He'll score more voals but will still prove more valuable as a proviider.
Agree with this, I actually credit MT for all our signings this year, we have signed 14 odd players and none have really disappointed me and there's one thing being a manager an it's another building a squad from scratch. Taylor has done well

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with this, I actually credit MT for all our signings this year, we have signed 14 odd players and none have really disappointed me and there's one thing being a manager an it's another building a squad from scratch. Taylor has done well
Was only thinking the same earlier today in that I couldn't think of any of the players we released being missed in the slightest, and there is now a real identity about the way Matt Taylor has shaped his squad

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was only thinking the same earlier today in that I couldn't think of any of the players we released being missed in the slightest, and there is now a real identity about the way Matt Taylor has shaped his squad
Agreed. Plenty of quality. Just need a decent run of wins to get us up there. Only 4 pts from the autos with all to play for. Stay positive people...