• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

rifraf

Sorry ...... my fault. Drifted onto this thread and nodded off, having just woken-up.

Have I missed anything?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry ...... my fault. Drifted onto this thread and nodded off, having just woken-up.

Have I missed anything?
Tisdale has left.

Alistair20000

Tisdale has left.
Already ?

iscalad

Already ?
Apparently it was some time ago he left City, but rifraf seems to have missed it. :sneaky:
Very surprising given how many threads there on Exeweb about him.

WXF

Both Perryman and Tis were a couple of entitled control freaks. As soon as they realised they didn't hold all of the power they showed their true colours, reminding people of what they'd done at the club, and having little patronising digs here and there.

Good riddance, we've not exactly struggled since they left, and one of my all time favourite games was when we bulldozed MK Don's and Tisdale blamed the winter sun and a poor pitch. He really is the end of a bell.
Some might find your post bad tempered but I very much agree. Tisdale was overindulged and thought he was more important and a lot more intelligent than most other people. Neither were true and these were ugly qualities that (no matter how adventurous) his wardrobe could not overcome.

The cossiness and nepotism that developed during the Tisdale era stank and, as much as I am deeply committed to the Trust, the deferential relationship that developed towards Tisdale from the club was an example of unhealthy corporate governance and at odds with the Trust's cooperative values. If someone is too important to ever replace in an organisation then it is often that they been allowed to become too important.

As much as losing the two year rolling contract and plan to move to a fixed term one would have been a big stick in the craw, Tisdale's sense of entitlement made him myopic. He would have been sacked at almost any other club long beforehand. He was treated well, not badly, and his lack of perspective was indulged and worsened the longer he was in post.

His 12 year stint as ECFC manager will be by far the highlight of his career. He could of been a toast of ECFC, but instead decided to burn his bridges when he opted to leave. It was a mistake and display of poor leadership qualities, something he may eventually come to recognise.

Antony Moxey

As much as losing the two year rolling contract and plan to move to a fixed term one would have been a big stick in the craw, Tisdale's sense of entitlement made him myopic. He would have been sacked at almost any other club long beforehand. He was treated well, not badly, and his lack of perspective was indulged and worsened the longer he was in post.
Which is borne out by the fact he hasn’t lasted more than five minutes any where else since. I’d genuinely be surprised if he starts next season as Stevenage manager.

Rosencrantz

I wonder if this might be a case of time being a healer or just different times with the internet and fans forums/social media around. After all Terry Cooper did not leave us in the best of circumstances in his first spell.

He sold on the heart of our defence in Shaun Taylor and Richard Dryden, released good replacements in Pete Cawley and Lee Rogers and got in poor replacements before disappearing quickly to Birmingham. Also said to have a cut of transfer fees in his contract. He was also not shy in having a bit of a go at the supporters in the media when there were some poor performances around.

That is before you get to the second spell where I remember quite a concerted effort by the club and Trevor Morgan to defend him against criticism from the supporters for the on field (non) performances, also at a time of off field difficulty. Remember the Westcountry camera's being allowed in the dressing room to capture TC giving the players a (PG rated obvs) dressing down during one game to show that he still cared. Even though that could easily be seen at pointing the finger at the players.

But he is generally, and correctly, held in the highest esteem. We remember the good times rather than the more disappointing times. So is it time being a healer, or just not having the platforms at the time which we have today to keep the grievances and the debates around them going around?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some might find your post bad tempered but I very much agree. Tisdale was overindulged and thought he was more important and a lot more intelligent than most other people. Neither were true and these were ugly qualities that (no matter how adventurous) his wardrobe could not overcome.

The cossiness and nepotism that developed during the Tisdale era stank and, as much as I am deeply committed to the Trust, the deferential relationship that developed towards Tisdale from the club was an example of unhealthy corporate governance and at odds with the Trust's cooperative values. If someone is too important to ever replace in an organisation then it is often that they been allowed to become too important.

His 12 year stint as ECFC manager will be by far the highlight of his career. He could of been a toast of ECFC, but instead decided to burn his bridges when he opted to leave. It was a mistake and display of poor leadership qualities, something he may eventually come to recognise.
Absolutely spot on.

Nigel E

One of the basic lessons of working life in any profession is that when you leave a job you should try to "shut the door quietly behind you". You never know when or why your former colleagues might be of help to you.

It does seem a shame though. No doubt sometime in the future there will be some kind of reunion of the squad from that era, but you wonder whether Tisdale would be there. All feels a bit unnecessary and easily avoided if he had behaved less arrogantly.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which is borne out by the fact he hasn’t lasted more than five minutes any where else since. I’d genuinely be surprised if he starts next season as Stevenage manager.
Probably further born out by the fact having taken the job it gave the lie to the belief he was no longer interested in being a football club manager.

In which case it would seem likely that he applied unsuccessfully for the positions that became available in the last six months or so at Swindon, FGR and Newport.