• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't see how on earth an actual or potential European Covid wave , makes a blind bit of difference to the opinion polls here in the UK.
Well I’m sorry to hear that Suzi.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do believe that only 5 people have been deported since 2016, If that's true you can bet as sure as hell the people smugglers will tell migrants this and also tell them they'll never get caught.
Not sure what that number refers to, but in 2020 there were 3327 enforced returns, 4646 voluntary returns, and 10035 refused entry. All of them represent drops from the previous years, although this is partially down to COVID.

DB9

Not sure what that number refers to, but in 2020 there were 3327 enforced returns, 4646 voluntary returns, and 10035 refused entry. All of them represent drops from the previous years, although this is partially down to COVID.
I wish I could remember, It may have been on LBC and perhaps released criminals?

Alistair20000

I wish I could remember, It may have been on LBC and perhaps released criminals?
I have seen that stat too but cannot remember where. :(

tavyred

I think it refers to asylum seekers being returned to EU countries where they could’ve applied for asylum but didn’t or did but decided to apply in the U.K. as well.

DB9

I think it refers to asylum seekers being returned to EU countries where they could’ve applied for asylum but didn’t or did but decided to apply in the U.K. as well.
Thank you 👍it was the low number that caught my eye.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Well I’m sorry to hear that Suzi.
That's quite alright.

Mr Jinx

It sounds harsh Al, but this a French problem. These people are leaving French jurisdiction and it’s up to them to end it.
You make it sound like the French want to keep them. They don't want them on their shores and are turning a blind eye.

Mr Jinx

Interesting developments coming out if Germany.

Three left of center parties (including Greens) take over power there from the conservatives in a coalition and one of the first things they are doing is legalising cannabis.

angelic upstart

The easiest way of ensuring that asylum seekers don't cross the channel in boats, is to have somewhere on mainland Europe where they can apply for asylum into the UK, prior to arriving in the UK.

The problem for politicians is, that the MSM will slate whoever's in charge saying "opening the floodgates and inviting them in, before they've even arrived" and the like. As a result, it's a non starter. So people will continue trying to get to the UK and this nonsense continues on.