• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

‘Her Game Too’ Exeter City v Newport County Matchday Thread

rustle

The reality is we're not playing well enough as a team to win enough matches.
That just about sums it up. With so many incomers it's no surprise early on that we didn't gel, but surely by now we should be playing better as a team?

i8cornwall

Thought Grounds played well when he came on.

Granted the other 10 city players helped by setting the bar very low by being utterly useless for most of the game.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
October's results - four games, four 2-2 draws. That must be a rare occurrence ...

Antony Moxey

Because I took off our two most attacking players and replaced them with defenders…

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
October's results - four games, four 2-2 draws. That must be a rare occurrence ...
It's OK if you bet on us! Ollie has - Kerching !

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fringes of the playoffs beckons on this form.
Or dodging relegation !

Banksy

Or dodging relegation !
Maybe , doubtful but who knows ? Certainly not promotion form anyway. I cringe too at the thought of us competing in the playoffs again , our recent track record isn’t exactly inspiring.

grecIAN Harris

I dont understand why everybody is trying to figure out a way why Dawson wasnt at fault with both Newport goals. The first was a tame half hit shot that Dawson obviously misjudged, the second was a dreadful error where once again Dawson got his timing all wrong. Two very poor goals by the standard he's previously set.
I'm just telling it as I saw it. I had it backed up at half time by Rosencrantz with his view from The Stagecoach (and where he sits he would have pretty a straight view from behind the shot). He tells me not only did it dipped late, it swerved late also. It's not the sort of movement you expect that late in a shot. If the same movement had been caused by a deflection that close to him, you wouldn't say a word.