• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GB News.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's become Fox News almost as quick as the Taliban has got back in. I'd be surprised if Brillo goes back in any meaningful way.

angelic upstart

It's become a Leavers' wet dream! Heaven!!
Er, no, it really hasn't.

Mr Jinx

It's become Fox News almost as quick as the Taliban has got back in. I'd be surprised if Brillo goes back in any meaningful way.
Not sure, but it's not as I originally imagined it.

Firstly, there isn't much news. It's basically a right leaning chat show. And I'm ok with that. There's some really good bits - I love Meghan Kelly's weekly spots. But there's also duff bits - e.g. much of it with Dan Wotton.

It doesn't look like Andrew Neil will be returning, and that's a shame. But the way it's going, I don't think it really needs him tbh.

Rosencrantz

Firstly, there isn't much news. It's basically a right leaning chat show. And I'm ok with that. There's some really good bits - I love Meghan Kelly's weekly spots. But there's also duff bits - e.g. much of it with Dan Wotton.

It doesn't look like Andrew Neil will be returning, and that's a shame. But the way it's going, I don't think it really needs him tbh.
To be fair the most relevant comparison is probably Sky News Australia as that is where the GB News chief made his name by cutting back on news in favour of right wing punditry, particularly in prime time. It just looks like he is increasing the hours of punditry over here and dispensing with news which is actually quite expensive anyway.

It is the battle he is winning over what Andrew Neil planned as at the end of the day it goes to what the people putting the money up want and they want a (right wing) return on their investment. I've no doubt there is an audience for this, but to call it a news channel is pushing it and it is in real danger of being an echo chamber far more than BBC, ITN and Sky News.

Alistair20000

Torygraph this morning saying Brillo is definitely leaving.

Mr Jinx

Torygraph this morning saying Brillo is definitely leaving.
Understandable. It's just not his thing really. I was hoping to see things like his BBC Thursday evening Politics show. No such thing transpired.

Alistair20000

Understandable. It's just not his thing really. I was hoping to see things like his BBC Thursday evening Politics show. No such thing transpired.
Agreed. Most disappointing.

iscalad

Neil's gone then. Farce

DB9

Neil's gone then. Farce
Shame that, He does give gravitas, I personally hope GB News does ok, Many have castigated it without watching it and we need a choice of news outlets, No one says much about RT News, CCTV (China's mouthpiece) and others, There is room for GBN, If you don't like it, Don't watch it, simple as that.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shame that, He does give gravitas, I personally hope GB News does ok, Many have castigated it without watching it and we need a choice of news outlets, No one says much about RT News, CCTV (China's mouthpiece) and others, There is room for GBN, If you don't like it, Don't watch it, simple as that.
They don't say much about them because they don't watch them. Like GB News they are not news channels, just mouthpieces for their various agendas. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't need to watch them to know what they are.