• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MDT Exeter City v Forest Green Rovers

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
how on earth those two FGR strikers got in each others way when if there had only been one, it would have been a simple tap in.

Dawson looking like a strong candidate for player of the season already...

Grecian Max

Actually at the game for this one rather than streaming, took it all in from the Stanno stand.

Been standing on the Big Bank for the vast majority of my time as a supporter, including the old Big Bank and a couple of seasons in the Cowshed so was a good experience with the view you get. Loved what's been done to underneath the stand too with the history trails etc, well done to the Museum guys on that. Pitch looked absolutely fantastic! And the Collective on the big bank I thought were great - I've been to a lot of away games and rarely do you see such a good atmosphere from the home support. They even stayed until the end and gave the players a proper send off despite a frustrating 0-0.

Cash only for refreshments having been stuck on the M5 and getting to the ground late is unnecessarily annoying. I mean really...I haven't used cash in years now.

---

On the game... was fairly even although they had the better chances. Our build up play was decent a lot of the time but woeful last balls and finishing.

Sam Nombe is one of those players where you can see he has all the attributes, it just has to click and I really don't think that's far away. As it is, it's making us a bit blunt up front. More games and minutes will change that though.

Taylor in the middle in a normal situation would have been given time to get into it, as it was he was a yard off most times but did show flashes of quality. Playing him almost cost us a goal a couple of times but needs must - I expect Kite back in next game whilst KT builds up his fitness.

Word on Dawson too - a couple of saves from attempts that would have likely been scored in previous seasons, fantastic goalie.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
how on earth those two FGR strikers got in each others way when if there had only been one, it would have been a simple tap in.

Dawson looking like a strong candidate for player of the season already...
Three home games, no goals in front of the bank but two incredible misses.

Oldsmobile-88

Actually at the game for this one rather than streaming, took it all in from the Stanno stand.

Been standing on the Big Bank for the vast majority of my time as a supporter, including the old Big Bank and a couple of seasons in the Cowshed so was a good experience with the view you get. Loved what's been done to underneath the stand too with the history trails etc, well done to the Museum guys on that. Pitch looked absolutely fantastic! And the Collective on the big bank I thought were great - I've been to a lot of away games and rarely do you see such a good atmosphere from the home support.
It is a great stand to watch from.I migrated from the IP Stand,it’s a much better match day experience from the SASS.Better view with the steeper rake & not having the problem of squinting into the sun(the reason why the original seated stand was built on that side in 1908)
Surprisingly the SASS still lags behind the IP Office stand in % of seats sold for games.
Max,you can use contactless for the bar under the stand.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The 360

Grecian Max

It is a great stand to watch from.I migrated from the IP Stand,it’s a much better match day experience from the SASS.Better view with the steeper rake & not having the problem of squinting into the sun(the reason why the original seated stand was built on that side in 1908)
Surprisingly the SASS still lags behind the IP Office stand in % of seats sold for games.
Ah thats good to know, I didn’t notice a second place to buy things on the way in. As you say a really good match day experience altho next time I’ll try and stay out of the family block 😂

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've always preferred watching the game from the side of the pitch rather than behind the goal but you don't get the same noise, hostility, and experience that you get from going in the bank.

I guess you have to weigh up what's more important to you. For me it's the view of the game, but 15 years ago I would have felt differently and would have definitely been on the bank.

I agree about the good view and facilities from/in the SASS.

My only quibble is the lack of singing. I used to sit in the Old Grandstand and not only would we pick up the songs of the Big Bank, but songs would also often begin in our stand.

I know I am part of the problem - I used to sing a lot more at City games. I also know I could be part of the solution and start some songs.

I wonder what is at the root of our collective quietness? Has the SASS cleintele changed dramatically from the OG? With the dugouts now gone from our side of the pitch, do we feel more cut off from the action? Or have the great view and pristine facilities stunned us into silence?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree about the good view and facilities from/in the SASS.

My only quibble is the lack of singing. I used to sit in the Old Grandstand and not only would we pick up the songs of the Big Bank, but songs would also often begin in our stand.

I know I am part of the problem - I used to sing a lot more at City games. I also know I could be part of the solution and start some songs.

I wonder what is at the root of our collective quietness? Has the SASS cleintele changed dramatically from the OG? With the dugouts now gone from our side of the pitch, do we feel more cut off from the action? Or have the great view and pristine facilities stunned us into silence?
The IP stand (or whatever its called these days) is also quiet. It gets a bit lively from time to time but nothing like it could be. It's almost as if people are waiting for others to make noise before they join in. As soon as a few decide to get noisy about a refs decision then others jump on it as well. Sometimes it's so quiet you almost feel rude if you start shouting.

It's ashame because a stand so close to the pitch and the dugouts could really generate some noise and be more influential. When it gets going, which is rare, its really enjoyable, I always wonder why its not like that more often.