• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England v Italy Euro 2020 Final: Match Day Thread

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
The media are pushing this so hard from England‘s point of view that the never ending tv coverage is becoming sick making to say the least. The world and their wife have been interviewed about their views on the match and a lot of the coverage on parochial tv in this region anyway has been a tad embarrassing.
I know you have to be positive and football’s coming home and all that but they seem to be leaving Italy out of the equation.Hope it doesn’t end in tears , and if it does that there’s no sour grapes.
That off my chest , come on England…….
Yes, the hype is unbearable. It's almost as if it's a done deal. As much as I'd like to see England win, I'd actually be quite relieved if we don't.

STURTZ

I'll be blowing one of these tonight.

Football's humming comb!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
And so it was written ...

Screenshot 2021-07-11 at 15-39-05 God on Twitter.png

STURTZ

Feel a bit sorry for Italy, Spinazola is a big loss.

Think a lot will depend on Chiellini, love the bloke but think he might be a bit too old to handle a fully functioning Kane.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Feel a bit sorry for Italy, Spinazola is a big loss.

Think a lot will depend on Chiellini, love the bloke but think he might be a bit too old to handle a fully functioning Kane.
It won't play out like that Sturtz. Kane will drop into the pockets in front of them, trying to draw them out, or they'll sit deep in a block and Sterling/Saka will run at them.

geoffwp

The media are pushing this so hard from England‘s point of view that the never ending tv coverage is becoming sick making to say the least. The world and their wife have been interviewed about their views on the match and a lot of the coverage on parochial tv in this region anyway has been a tad embarrassing.
I know you have to be positive and football’s coming home and all that but they seem to be leaving Italy out of the equation.Hope it doesn’t end in tears , and if it does that there’s no sour grapes.
That off my chest , come on England…….
Another good reason to avoid it all. I've got two good sci fi films already lined up to watch tonight. I'll find out the result tomorrow what ever it may be. Its bleedin football, not life after all.

Banksy

Another good reason to avoid it all. I've got two good sci fi films already lined up to watch tonight. I'll find out the result tomorrow what ever it may be. Its bleedin football, not life after all.
May I be so rude as to ask which ones Geoff.I only ask because sci fi is my second love after westerns.

grecIAN Harris

An odd goal victory for England.

geoffwp

May I be so rude as to ask which ones Geoff.I only ask because sci fi is my second love after westerns.
Arrival first then Inception.

Alistair20000

I bet you will sneak a look at the score from time to time to see how the three lions are getting on while watching 12 Monkeys. ;)