• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What radio station do you listen to?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sat in the car overlooking the sea at Babbacombe tuned into East Devon FM,listening into a good 80s Show.Even felt compelled to email them the name of a Vapors tune that the DJ had forgotten.😎

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

What is East Devon Fm?

Oldsmobile-88

What is East Devon Fm?
I’d never heard of it before tbh..Just flicking through the FM Waveband & it’s name came up on the radio screen so I took a punt.
I guess it’s a community Radio Station similar to Phonic FM in Exeter.

Alistair20000

Sat in the car overlooking the sea at Babbacombe tuned into East Devon FM,listening into a good 80s Show.Even felt compelled to email them the name of a Vapors tune that the DJ had forgotten.😎
Was that the station that had a quiz question this morning whether birthday boy Mick Fleetwood played the drums or triangle ? I tuned into it as DAB was not working in the car and having tried Radio Devon it was Gordon Sparks which was wholly unacceptable so he was given the The Elbow without further ado. I think I pressed for East Devon FM but reception went tits up as I got towards Yeovil around 9:00.

First time I have tuned into it.

Oldsmobile-88

Was that the station that had a quiz question this morning whether birthday boy Mick Fleetwood played the drums or triangle ? I tuned into it as DAB was not working in the car and having tried Radio Devon it was Gordon Sparks which was wholly unacceptable so he was given the The Elbow without further ado. I think I pressed for East Devon FM but reception went tits up as I got towards Yeovil around 9:00.

First time I have tuned into it.
Not sure..I was listening in the late afternoon early evening,drinking Banana Ice Cream milkshakes whilst looking over the Bay Area.

Gordon Sparkes..😁..He gave me a couple of shout outs the other month on a Punk & New Wave special show(it was excellent)after I reminisced on the BBC Radio Devon Twitter feed during the transmission.

Rosencrantz

Not sure..I was listening in the late afternoon early evening,drinking Banana Ice Cream milkshakes whilst looking over the Bay Area.

Gordon Sparkes..😁..He gave me a couple of shout outs the other month on a Punk & New Wave special show(it was excellent)after I reminisced on the BBC Radio Devon Twitter feed during the transmission.
Media Whore 😉

Spoonz Red E

I’d never heard of it before tbh..Just flicking through the FM Waveband & it’s name came up on the radio screen so I took a punt.
I guess it’s a community Radio Station similar to Phonic FM in Exeter.
Started off as Bay Fm a good few years back.

Alistair20000

Started off as Bay Fm a good few years back.
I remember that name.

Wonder what the audience totals are as there seem to be so many stations :unsure:

Oldsmobile-88

There was nothing else except National Radio 1 to 4 until 1980 in this area(Exeter/Torquay) until Devon Air started broadcasting from St David’s Hill(building now converted into flats)

Iirc BBC Radio Devon did not start until around 1982/83.The Studios were also on St David’s Hill(recently demolished)

DB9

There was nothing else except National Radio 1 to 4 until 1980 in this area(Exeter/Torquay) until Devon Air started broadcasting from St David’s Hill(building now converted into flats)

Iirc BBC Radio Devon did not start until around 1982/83.The Studios were also on St David’s Hill(recently demolished)
All those regional radio stations, Exactly like regional TV got swallowed up by bigger companies, In N Devon we had Latern FM, A real local station for N Devon, Eventually got swallowed up by Heart (Global) who went around the whole country doing the same and the locals didn't really like it so now they have "The Voice" and to me that has shown there is room for proper regional radio stations. I did use to listen to Pirate FM when travelling around Cornwall, Not sure if that's still independent or gone the same way as others.