• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
You can be sure the club would be pragmatic about this and prefer a local trip, a home derby attendance, no away hotel bills, and a less tiring trip for the players. I don't they'd have a childish attitude about wanting Torquay to lose for some perverse reason
I didn't want them to lose in some "Perverse Way" To me it was two teams who I don't support and one of them happens to be closer than the other, If we're worried about hotel bills, Travelling etc then we must be in trouble, If Torquay had won we could have drawn Hartlepool in the cup and still had that away fixture. I'd imagine the club just want the fixtures out and more importantly get some new players in.

denzel

Anyone that prefers a trip to Hartlepool over a derby at Torquay is slightly weird.
Didnt we lose to Torquay last time we played them? I'm violently indifferent

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best news I've had this weekend. Maybe next season 😂

Trapdoor

Are there any of the Gulls players we would be interested in signing?
Thought that lad at LB played pretty decently, could maybe do a job for us? Moxey I think his name was?

• Haha
Reactions: Ash

manc grecian

Anyone that prefers a trip to Hartlepool over a derby at Torquay is slightly weird.
Think about that tomorrow. For now though I will enjoy being small minded and immature and enjoy laughing at the Torquay

older-codger

I said to the people I was watching with that Hartlepool would win the shoot out. I don't t think the Gulls had a shot actually on target all game other than the keeper's equaliser and had no confidence that they would get enough on target at the penalties.

And no - I saw nobody that I would want for City

fred binneys head

I'd imagine the club just want the fixtures out and more importantly get some new players in.
Given we only have 3 players currently signed up for next season, I imagine the club want to see the fixtures as they’re hoping the first one is in November.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I said to the people I was watching with that Hartlepool would win the shoot out. I don't t think the Gulls had a shot actually on target all game other than the keeper's equaliser and had no confidence that they would get enough on target at the penalties.

And no - I saw nobody that I would want for City
Me neither I was hoping for a Torquay win as this was in our best interests two derby matches and none of costs of the long trip to Hartlepool and the knock on effects of a tiring long away trip even more so if it is a midweek game.

That said I thought Hartlepool were the better side and deserved to win.

Banksy

I thought they had ‘em though when the Pool started to flag at the end.Then one of the Gulls’ players refused to go off after suffering a cut. This allowed Hartlepool to rest and regroup and get their minds set on the job in hand plus of course take some liquid on board. From there it went downhill and they could well have lost without that last kick off the line in real time.
And no I’m not glad they lost , I remember our pain in those wretched playoff finals over the last few years , it’s no way to lose after a season’s hard toil and why even more we need to concentrate on getting autos.

Pobbop

• Haha
Reactions: DB9