• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gulls, a Devon team and definitely not thought of like the scummers. Was all for a win for them as they were playing dirty northern bastards. Bleddy shame. I wonder if they will go strong again next season or if, after a loss like this, they will fade again and lose some key players.

DB9

Gulls, a Devon team and definitely not thought of like the scummers. Was all for a win for them as they were playing dirty northern bastards. Bleddy shame. I wonder if they will go strong again next season or if, after a loss like this, they will fade again and lose some key players.
I think each year the NL gets more and more difficult to get out of Geoff, Their play off system takes far too long that each team involved can't plan/get new players in because they don't know if they will be league or non league the following season, Now both Torquay and Hartlepool have got to do their retained list, release players, Have a break, get new players in, organise PSF and start the new season in August, All in just 8 weeks, A very short time.

STURTZ

I said to the people I was watching with that Hartlepool would win the shoot out. I don't t think the Gulls had a shot actually on target all game other than the keeper's equaliser and had no confidence that they would get enough on target at the penalties.

And no - I saw nobody that I would want for City
Ben Whitfield was the one we were looking at (apparently) and he didn't play. I would say that he's definitely available now.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ben Whitfield was the one we were looking at (apparently) and he didn't play. I would say that he's definitely available now.
injured hence why not in the line up

geoffwp

injured hence why not in the line up
Injured? Right up our street then. SIGN HIM!!

Grecian Max

Really quite amusing considering their lead at the top. Oh well easy trip down there binned off. They are where they belong.

geoffwp

As are we I guess

andrew p long

Anyone think we'll benefit player wise ??
Yep. The good news is that MT's top four targets had all been offered more money by Torquay, subject to getting promoted.

All four will now sign for City overnight. Announcement 9am tomorrow. You heard it here first.

dontpassback

Yep. The good news is that MT's top four targets had all been offered more money by Torquay, subject to getting promoted.

All four will now sign for City overnight. Announcement 9am tomorrow. You heard it here first.
I await the news with baited breath !

geoffwp

I await the news with baited breath !
I always use lugworm.