• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rather generous of me giving them free publicity I'd have thought.
(Still, can't understand why you would post a picture of yourself watching Gloria De P in this context?)

Mr Jinx

Grieve is a political fossil.

Interesting that the cynical Lib Dems ran a militant opposition to HS2 campaign in Chesham & Amersham when they support it at national level. Haw haw haw.

If the article I have just read is right, Labour’s 622 votes was its lowest in any constituency since 1945 and the lowest in any by election in the entire history of the party. Not a good day at the office for Sir Keith as well as a huge kick up Bunter’s ample arse.
Analysing the result in more detail, it's fairly clear that most traditional Labour and Green voters lent theirs to the LD's on Thursday. That coupled with lots of Tories staying at home did it for them.

IndoMike

On the Government's recent by-election kicking..............

In a political column today, Dominic Grieve is quoted as referring to the Chesham and Amersham voters as "a sophisticated electorate".

The columnist observes that Mr. G presumably regards the voters at nearby Beaconsfield, who gave him the boot at the last GE, as a load of oiks.
Tories v Tories. Love the infighting. The gradual erosion. I see 50 Tory MPs are dead against the levelling up..

IndoMike

Oi Mike
How very dare you criticise the wonderful Andrea "I'm-a-mum-you know" Leadhead! She is only expressing what all "RIGHT" thinking people want to hear (and auditioning for a lucrative slot on the Gammon Boys News?)
But don't fret. If you are truly lost for words for this odious shower of a so-called government I'm sure I can pm you some suitable ideas for invective (in the spirit of comradely fraternity you understand)
There's something very sad about a gang of old reactionary farts huddled together in an IKEA designed studio desperately seeking some attention from the old fart, reactionary press.
As for Loathsome, IIRC she said she would not share a taxi with Johnson due to his, you know, frisky tendencies. In this case I'm sure the feeling was mutual.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

As for Loathsome, IIRC she said she would not share a taxi with Johnson due to his, you know, frisky tendencies. In this case I'm sure the feeling was mutual.
Possibly not.

But I bet she'd be happy to share a Mars Bar with him if he promised to be "Faithful" and promote her.

Alistair20000

Possibly not.

But I bet she'd be happy to share a Mars Bar with him if he promised to be "Faithful" and promote her.
Ooh I say. Good lord, Great Scott, steady on chap :eek:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Analysing the result in more detail, it's fairly clear that most traditional Labour and Green voters lent theirs to the LD's on Thursday. That coupled with lots of Tories staying at home did it for them.
Yes, I don't think it's that worrying a result for Starmer, more food for thought. Does he give up the ghost of a majority and embrace an electoral pact (and probably PR)?

To be honest it's the only way he ever has a chance of being PM.

Mr Jinx

John Bercow joins Labour.

That's them now totally fücked.

Oldsmobile-88

John Bercow joins the Labour Party....The cynic in me thinks that he hopes for.a nomination from Labour for a Peerage 🤣
BJ would not be able to block it.

Ironically Bercow with some of his procrastination in 2018 & early 2019 led to BJ in Number 10.

Alistair20000

John Bercow was one of the most reactionary right wing Tories of the 1997 intake

His journey to becoming another political fossil is now complete

Last edited: