• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Grieve is a political fossil.

Interesting that the cynical Lib Dems ran a militant opposition to HS2 campaign in Chesham & Amersham when they support it at national level. Haw haw haw.

If the article I have just read is right, Labour’s 622 votes was its lowest in any constituency since 1945 and the lowest in any by election in the entire history of the party. Not a good day at the office for Sir Keith as well as a huge kick up Bunter’s ample arse.

IndoMike

Unravelling, indeed.

"By the way, I have been wondering what the special place in hell looks like for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely." - Donald Tusk 2019.

Remember the furore in response ? Note not one leading Brexiter corrected Tusk by revealing that there was a plan. Tusk was right, there was never a plan, they've winged it throughout. Yet people support them still. Beggars belief.

“I think that what he has said is pretty unacceptable and pretty disgraceful” - Andrea Leadsom, leading Brexiter.

"It’s this sort of arrogance that drives antipathy towards the EU. We are a country that upholds the result of democratic votes. Our EU partners need to respect that.” - Matt Hancock, the 'genius'.

“deliberately provocative [and] very disrespectful” - Arlene Foster (Retd.)
The Tories usual alternative facts.
How many time have we had to speak about their deflections, their lies, their lack of accountability and their cowardice.
Johnson and his gang also seem very vengeful. Anyone who dares to question them has their reputation and character attacked. This gang will not accept any criticism at all.

Grecian2K

Johnson and his gang also seem very vengeful. Anyone who dares to question them has their reputation and character attacked. This gang will not accept any criticism at all.
A rather unpleasant trait shown by some of their fawning supporters too. :sick:

IndoMike

A rather unpleasant trait shown by some of their fawning supporters too. :sick:
An example of this is Angela Loathsome
She seems to despise the people who were on furlough. "They seemed to enjoy it". Would she prefer the furloughed to suffer from stress and depression, not knowing their future and being locked up for a year or more? In fact, many did suffer from depression. And then she says that many don't want to return to work because they are stressed about it. What evidence data does she have to support that? And if some people are stressed about that, couldn't she be a bit more sympathetic?
Who decided upon the furlough system anyway: the people or the Govt?
This is the Govt we have : a government which constantly disrespects the people and considers them to be an irritation.
All those elderly inconveniently using up hospital beds : kick them out of hospital and send them back to the high risk environment of care homes. If they die : f*ck 'em - they are no longer of any use.
There are no more words to express my disgust at this Govt.

Alistair20000

Is it Friday ?

DB9

An example of this is Angela Loathsome
She seems to despise the people who were on furlough. "They seemed to enjoy it". Would she prefer the furloughed to suffer from stress and depression, not knowing their future and being locked up for a year or more? In fact, many did suffer from depression. And then she says that many don't want to return to work because they are stressed about it. What evidence data does she have to support that? And if some people are stressed about that, couldn't she be a bit more sympathetic?
Who decided upon the furlough system anyway: the people or the Govt?
This is the Govt we have : a government which constantly disrespects the people and considers them to be an irritation.
All those elderly inconveniently using up hospital beds : kick them out of hospital and send them back to the high risk environment of care homes. If they die : f*ck 'em - they are no longer of any use.
Gets right on my tits about the furlough scheme, She conveniently forgets to mention that the employee was told to go on furlough and its the employer who says when they go back, Its not a choice for the employee. Imagine it, Boss to employee " Time to come off furlough and get back to the office" Employee goes "No thanks, I'll stay on furlough" Boss says " OK, Don't bother coming back then" I've noticed recently more and more things are being layed at other people's feet in this virus.

IndoMike

Gets right on my tits about the furlough scheme, She conveniently forgets to mention that the employee was told to go on furlough and its the employer who says when they go back, Its not a choice for the employee. Imagine it, Boss to employee " Time to come off furlough and get back to the office" Employee goes "No thanks, I'll stay on furlough" Boss says " OK, Don't bother coming back then" I've noticed recently more and more things are being layed at other people's feet in this virus.
Well that's one of the points I'm making.
In Tory eyes it's all the people's fault. Everything is somebody else's fault.

tavyred

If only. 🙄

Grecian2K

Oi Mike
How very dare you criticise the wonderful Andrea "I'm-a-mum-you know" Leadhead! She is only expressing what all "RIGHT" thinking people want to hear (and auditioning for a lucrative slot on the Gammon Boys News?)
But don't fret. If you are truly lost for words for this odious shower of a so-called government I'm sure I can pm you some suitable ideas for invective (in the spirit of comradely fraternity you understand)

tavyred

Oi Mike
How very dare you criticise the wonderful Andrea "I'm-a-mum-you know" Leadhead! She is only expressing what all "RIGHT" thinking people want to hear (and auditioning for a lucrative slot on the Gammon Boys News?)
But don't fret. If you are truly lost for words for this odious shower of a so-called government I'm sure I can pm you some suitable ideas for invective (in the spirit of comradely fraternity you understand)