• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
John Bercow joins Labour.

Expect him to turn up on,I’m a Celebrity 😁

tavyred

The personification of the 2017 rotten parliament and thus the man singularly most responsible for BJ’s 80 seat majority joins Labour. Labour does seem to be the new natural home for ex-Tory politicians of his type TBH.

Banksy

As long as they don’t get him out of there he can do what he ##### likes little creep. (Preferably leave him in the middle of the Amazon forest without a compass would be my preference.)

IndoMike

Possibly not.

But I bet she'd be happy to share a Mars Bar with him if he promised to be "Faithful" and promote her.
That is a scandalous lie about the demure Miss Faithful !
It was a Milky Way....!! ;)

IndoMike

I didn't know you were a celebrity, Olds...

IndoMike

Yes, I don't think it's that worrying a result for Starmer, more food for thought. Does he give up the ghost of a majority and embrace an electoral pact (and probably PR)?

To be honest it's the only way he ever has a chance of being PM.
I too am not worried about Labour results at the moment. There is still a lot of polluted Tory water to flow under the bridge before the next election.
Negative results at the moment should help to motivate Labour to get its act together and focus on what needs to be done.
The first target is that Labour, the Liberals and The Scot Nats can prevent the Tories from having a working majority in Parliament.

tavyred

The first target is that Labour, the Liberals and The Scot Nats can prevent the Tories from having a working majority in Parliament.
.......and therein lies the problem with any progressive alliance. The moment the anti-English petty nationalists of Scotland get included in a discussion about forming a coalition to deny the Tories a majority, it drives English voters to the Tories in their droves. 🤷‍♂️

elginCity

John Bercow joins the Labour Party....The cynic in me thinks that he hopes for.a nomination from Labour for a Peerage 🤣
BJ would not be able to block it.
What would the cynic in you think had he donated £500k to the Tory party instead ?

IndoMike

The Tories hated Bercow because he wanted them to follow the rules. Elitist spoil brat Tories who have never done a decent day's work in their lives hate to be
told what to do by a commoner.

As Bercow says :

"I regard the government’s treatment of parliament as a disgrace. I believe the truth matters. I believe parliament matters. And I believe that telling the truth in and to parliament matters. There is growing, extensive and incontrovertible evidence that the government is disrespecting parliament, telling untruths to parliament and bypassing parliament. That is wrong. Period".

Of course, the usual, self-interested press did their best to denigrate Bercow and undermine him, but he wasn't having it.

The Excess, Mail, Torygraph, Sun et al purvey Tory lies and support the Tory party line no matter what they do. Since
they do not demand truth from the Tory Govt but adhere to the elitist ******* status quo, they are not patriots (even though they hide behind the flag) : they are in reality traitors to the people of the UK , who deserve the truth , and undemocratic.

elginCity

There's something very sad about a gang of old reactionary farts huddled together in an IKEA designed studio desperately seeking some attention from the old fart, reactionary press.
Seems they hate being called Gammon, which is a shame.