• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Boyo

Life is full of challenges...If you want to find an excuse then there are loads out there...The Chiefs haven't suffered from the same issues with regard to attracting players to the City...
The Chiefs wage bill in 2018 was £9.6m. Most players are therefore on £200k+ / year. Our wage bill is £1.3 with players averaging around £40k. Chiefs players earn five times more than City players. That softens the blow of uprooting your family.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tom Pope released by Vale worth a punt or no?
Nah, he likes a beer and ciggy too much for my liking.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Chiefs wage bill in 2018 was £9.6m. Most players are therefore on £200k+ / year. Our wage bill is £1.3 with players averaging around £40k. Chiefs players earn five times more than City players. That softens the blow of uprooting your family.
How does the Chiefs wage bill compare to other clubs in their league ?

ExmouthMart

Probably not just in case we do a future pre season tour of Israel. That might be a bit tricky with him on board (allegedly).

jimbo-gould

I’m guessing some will be bothered by our location. What proportion, I’m not sure. I can’t imagine it being as hard as it’s always been told mind.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
No

ExmouthMart

Lets not completely rule out players who like a beer and a tab6019

Trapdoor

Probably not just in case we do a future pre season tour of Israel. That might be a bit tricky with him on board (allegedly).
Definitely not a proper chap™

IndoMike

We all know that Devon offers a fantastic quality of life but that may not be the first consideration for a footballer, especially when contracts are short. If you sign for Rochdale and they release you, you probably have 10 or 15 potential clubs you could sign for less than an hour away without having to re-locate. For us, it's three and they are all in different divisions. I also think the travel for away games is an under-rated factor. Again, taking Rochdale as an example more than half their away games are less than 2 hours away which means their players can wake up in their own bed, leave by mid-morning and be home with their family or down the pub with their mates by 8 in the evening.
We're talking about Div 2 footballers here, not prima donna Premier League blokes.
It should be "have boots, will travel".
Are they so soft that they can't handle around 10 5-hour bus trips per year? Or so meek and insecure that they can't move 3 hours down the motorway for a couple of years? Jesus, many blokes have to move around the country to do their jobs. It's a short career and players have to focus on what's best for them in the footballing sense. Domestic issues can be resolved

IndoMike

I
Lets not completely rule out players who like a beer and a tabView attachment 6019
I do believe it's champers, not beer. Only the best for City