• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the geography thing is nonsense, Exeter is hardly the outer Hebrides.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's nothing to do in the south west for a 20 something year old bloke.

andrew p long

'Exeter City captain surname of Taylor turns down new contract, saying he wants to return nearer to where he originates from'

Now where I have I heard that before? Is Jake Taylor set to sign for Charlton?

Alistair20000

Do the Gargs struggle to recruit being even further away ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why is Exeter Uni so popular ?

Good rugby players are happy to sign for Exeter !

We cannot keep banging this line out.

Not all footballers are the same, some will appreciate what Exeter and Devon has to offer.

fred binneys head

It’s not nonsense, as someone who was born in Devon but lived most of my life away from there, it’s known as a backwater and a holiday destination, not a desirable place to live (unless you’ve retired).

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nonsense, what can’t you do in the south west as a 20 something bloke that you can do elsewhere?

angelic upstart

Why is Exeter Uni so popular ?

Good rugby players are happy to sign for Exeter !

We cannot keep banging this line out.

Not all footballers are the same, some will appreciate what Exeter and Devon has to offer.
It's simple really, Devon is hard to get to and from. There's two professional clubs within 50 miles of Exeter.

Good rugby players are happy to sign for Exeter because they're the best team in the country. City, sadly aren't.

Exeter uni, similar to St Andrews I'd guess is popular because it's considered an excellent uni.

Exeter is a great place to live, and has a bit of everything, for me. But it won't be for many when their roots are elsewhere.

manc grecian

Nonsense, what can’t you do in the south west as a 20 something bloke that you can do elsewhere?
Concerts, nightlife, transport links, proximity to other cities

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s not nonsense, as someone who was born in Devon but lived most of my life away from there, it’s known as a backwater and a holiday destination, not a desirable place to live (unless you’ve retired).
It is nonsense, I grew up just outside Exeter and moved away to University at 18. I’m well aware of how desirable it is. Many people my age (mid 30’s) would love to live and work in the SW (in my case there is no work in my field in the region).

There seems to be a weird provincial ‘woe is me’ feeling among folk from Devon that it is miles from anything and impossible to get to.
The reality is that in 3 hrs you can be in London, Birmingham or in my case home in Northampton.