• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

David Treharne

Some amazing recollections by Paul Tisdale in todays (24th April) Guardian. He claims " I decided to stay at Exeter City for 12 years because it was 100% owned by the supporters and I loved that". This followed by the assertion that "At Exeter it was always about the community and the supporters." Selective memory Paul?
It's on P33 for anybody who wants to see the quotes in context.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
:D

What a joke, does the guy have no shame ?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Some amazing recollections by Paul Tisdale in todays (24th April) Guardian. He claims " I decided to stay at Exeter City for 12 years because it was 100% owned by the supporters and I loved that". This followed by the assertion that "At Exeter it was always about the community and the supporters." Selective memory Paul?
Good and bad. He praises the fact that City "was always about the community and the supporters" , but on the other hand he was right peed off when the supporters (Trust) withdrew his roller.
Although there is a slight hint of arrogance, overall not too bad for Tizzer.
I'm sure he misses City more than City missed him. He was in his element at City : it was a nice job

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good and bad. He praises the fact that City "was always about the community and the supporters" , but on the other hand he was right peed off when the supporters (Trust) withdrew his roller.
Although there is a slight hint of arrogance, overall not too bad for Tizzer.
I'm sure he misses City more than City missed him. He was in his element at City : it was a nice job
The experiences since at Franchise and the Gas will also hopefully have shown we weren't such a bad bunch either, and amazingly patient.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just in case memories around here aren't too good, Tisdale and Perryman dissed the supporter owner model with a fair bit of regularity.

iscalad

The context is he is talking about the ESL and ownership models of football clubs.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just in case memories around here aren't too good, Tisdale and Perryman dissed the supporter owner model with a fair bit of regularity.
Indeed he did. Perryman was hugely vocal in his dislike of amateurs getting involved and Tiz bemoaned the lack of finances of this model often

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's also an article on the Guardian's website headed "Cheese Diplomacy".

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed he did. Perryman was hugely vocal in his dislike of amateurs getting involved and Tiz bemoaned the lack of finances of this model often...
... although both were very happy to take the substantial salaries / consultancy fees we paid them year after year.

malcolms

Standard fare for the Guardian readership. Was David Conn the interviewer?