• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, I'm sure as you're concerned it does
But that wouldn't be a correct appraisal of the situation. Not surprisingly neither AU or your good self have answered my question on how SKS should have dealt with an aggressive punter with an agenda
AU has set it out. You should know it anyway.

I am keen for Sir Keith to do well as a properly functioning opposition is essential for the democratic process. His handling of this situation was not encouraging. (n)

Oldsmobile-88

He can respond explaining his rationale, in turn, this could be seen by many, and a couple might say "decent bloke, took the complaint, turned it round and stood up to him, exactly what I want from a leader" and voted for labour next time round. Instead he didn't engage, looks a bit pompous and a lot of a bottler. He definitely doesn't win in this situation.
Yep....Pompous JR Mogg took dogs abuse outside of a hotel he was staying at.He walked across to the people shouting at him with “How can I help you” then engaged in conversation with them about their concerns..It caught the belligerents off guard & calmed everyone down.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

Alistair20000

No it isn't at all.
Oh dear.

Please read carefully again what AU has posted and tell us where what he posts is wrong. I daresay that if Sir Keith were to read it he would say "I wish I had followed AU's advice"

IndoMike

AU has set it out. You should know it anyway.

I am keen for Sir Keith to do well as a properly functioning oppositioa ok n is essential for the democratic process. His handling of this situation was not encouraging. (n)
Yours is a false representation of the situation and has nothing to do with upholding democratic rights. SKS allowed him to speak, didn't he? Perhaps you're getting confused with Johnson and Priti Awful wanting the right to choose when we can demonstrate? To conflate SKS facing a tirade from a bloke with an agenda with doubts about SKS democratic values as seen from all his work in the past is frankly one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this thread

IndoMike

I think Proper Chap should stick to the football. He knows little enough about that without getting into politics. I do find the newfound alliance between Ali and the scallywag rather touching though. 😉.

IndoMike

Yep....Pompous JR Mogg took dogs abuse outside of a hotel he was staying at.He walked across to the people shouting at him with “How can I help you” then engaged in conversation with them about their concerns..It caught the belligerents off guard & calmed everyone down.
Can you provide the video?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Proper Chap should stick to the football. He knows little enough about that without getting into politics. I do find the newfound alliance between Ali and the scallywag rather touching though. 😉.
I could put your worthwhile posts on the back of a stamp Indo.

You are just a boring, arrogant pr!(k.

No wonder you fecked off to Indonesia.

You offer nothing.

Oldsmobile-88

I thought Starmer did the right thing after watching the clip..Calmly walked out of the pub.
He was in a lose lose situation by the look of it.
The Landlord just looked hysterical.

IndoMike

I could put your worthwhile posts on the back of a stamp Indo.

You are just a boring, arrogant pr!(k.

You offer nothing.
Haha! Is that all you've got?