• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Things you dont see anymore

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster

Colesman Ballz

I seem to remember it was a third of a pint bottles.
View attachment 5791
Ah, resulting in the exploitation of child "slave" labour with "Milk Fagging" duties !
Later to be rebranded as the more politically acceptable "Milk Monitors" .

Controversially ended for the over 7s by "Thatcher, Thatcher the Snatcher" during the 70s during her spell as Education Minister, which even even lost her an Honorary Degree from Oxford University. Interestingly it has emerged that the "Wicked Witch" was not responsible for this, and was dead set opposed to the change of policy. Our drink (a third of) a pint of milk a day disappeared under a morning cloud on the express orders of Prime Minister Edward Heath as part of his cost cutting plans !

Alistair20000

Eugh, with that thick yellow band of full fat sitting on top. :sick:
Lovely was that as long as we were not in frozen or too hot days. (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Half the kids at one of my primary schools were children of parents associated with dairy farming. The milk was horrid, and our protestations that we got plenty of fresh milk at home held no sway with the adults in charge.

Alistair20000

Half the kids at one of my primary schools were children of parents associated with dairy farming. The milk was horrid, and our protestations that we got plenty of fresh milk at home held no sway with the adults in charge.
Don't think we can blame to EU for that either which will please Elgy. :)

Alistair20000

Summat like this
Definitely do not recall that as an option.

Is it juice or squash to be watered down ?

Any idea of the years in which it was offered ?

If I was not offered this as a choice when it ought to have been, I think I need to rear up.

iscalad

Definitely do not recall that as an option.

Is it juice or squash to be watered down ?

Any idea of the years in which it was offered ?

If I was not offered this as a choice when it ought to have been, I think I need to rear up.
I was at school, in England, from 1956-1959

Oldsmobile-88

DB9

I remember these, You put a photo in them and it magnified it,You looked through the eye piece at the other end. Where my Father worked in Bude (Pritchards Plastics) they use to produce these and my Mother would put them together at home, Sort of homework, Piece mill work I think, Dad use to bring boxes of them home to assemble.

elginCity

What is that Elgy ?
It was following on from your Butlins theme, Olds - used to get them there every year. As DB says, they had a holiday snap inside.