• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

lamrobhero

I do think that the military should be moved up North away from the South East.
Sandhurst to Newcastle
Dartmouth to Whitby
Aldershot etc. to Hawes

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do think that the military should be moved up North away from the South East.
Sandhurst to Newcastle
Dartmouth to Whitby
Aldershot etc. to Hawes
Since when was Dartmouth in the SE?! There's Catterick, Faslane and the various bases in NI.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't trust this levelling up thing at all, My mind its cynical but the real problem is for over a decade Labour have not offered a real alternative while in opposition, 4 elections lost and 16 years? since their last victory and still they don't resonate with the electorate. They need to grasp this first and then try to find a winning formula.

tavyred

I don't trust this levelling up thing at all......
What would the Government have to do to convince you of their levelling up agenda DB?

DB9

What would the Government have to do to convince you of their levelling up agenda DB?
I guess time Tavy and to see it actually happening. I don't expect it overnight.

tavyred

I guess time Tavy and to see it actually happening. I don't expect it overnight.
You do concede however that yesterday’s budget saw the beginnings of a levelling up agenda in action?

DB9

You do concede however that yesterday’s budget saw the beginnings of a levelling up agenda in action?
Yep there was talk but I'm cynical, They talk about building roads every few years but it rarely happens. I will give them time to prove it.

IndoMike

They're gonna move all the wealthy chaps up to Scotswood Road to redistribute their wealth.

Alistair20000

Amidst all the political squabbling on here, the fact that Britain’s Ocean City is getting Freeport status appears to have been over looked.

I see nothing for Tebbern in this Budget

Tories out

Mr Jinx

The main thing I learnt from yesterday's budget: Rishi Sunak is only 5 foot 5"

I always thought he was over 6 foot for some reason. He must wear trousers for like a 12 year old.