Politics Today

tavyred

Well-known Exeweb poster
"British workers are "among the worst idlers in the world", a group of Conservative MPs has claimed.
The UK "rewards laziness", does not encourage risk-taking and must strive to emulate the work ethic and low-tax culture in parts of Asia, the five MPs argue in a book due out next month.
The authors include Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab, both tipped to be promoted in a future reshuffle.
"Too many people in Britain prefer a lie-in to hard work," they argue.
The other contributors to Britannia Unchained are Priti Patel, Chris Skidmore and Kwasi Kwarteng, influential members of the "class of 2010" - MPs elected to Parliament at the last election."

An opinion also shared by our glorious leader:

If we left the EU, we would end this sterile debate, and we would have to recognise that most of our problems are not caused by “Bwussels”, but by chronic British short-termism, inadequate management, sloth, low skills, a culture of easy gratification and under-investment in both human and physical capital and infrastructure.

Sloth, laziness and easy gratification - surely not Tavy's "white working class". So who must they be talking about?
I don’t suppose the movers and shakers at the top of Tory Party today are that bothered with your 9 year old story Art. 😄

Mr Jinx

Well-known Exeweb poster
Laurence Fox to stand as candidate for London Mayor.

Guess where my vote's going?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently Farage has quit politics and is stepping down as leader of Reform (which has only existed for a few months)
This time he means it...

Mr Jinx

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently Farage has quit politics and is stepping down as leader of Reform (which has only existed for a few months)
This time he means it...
And fair play to the fella.

Love him or hate him, you can't deny he's been one of the most influential politicians of the last 30 years, if not the most. And he's never even had a seat in the HOC.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Laurence Fox to stand as candidate for London Mayor.

Guess where my vote's going?
It won't be to Laurence Fox. Clear as day he just wants a bit of publicity. He claims he'll fight "woke" in the city that lives and breathes it, the city that gets sneered at for being metropolitan.
If they have deposits he'll lose it. Unless that Bailey bloke really is as bad as I'm led to believe!

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
And fair play to the fella.

Love him or hate him, you can't deny he's been one of the most influential politicians of the last 30 years, if not the most. And he's never even had a seat in the HOC.
How? He's sat and sniped from the sidelines and that's about it. He's a famous version of everyone on this thread, but probably more hypocritical.