• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
One got to the end of his pressers and wondered what the fook he had been on about.
You have to admit though he has hypnotised an awful lot of people with his bull#### over the years.

dommers

Whereas you listen to Matt Taylor and he describes with no BS almost exactly the match you have just watched, highs, lows, warts and all.
Still waiting for him to explain what's happening with Ajose

Alistair20000

You have to admit though he has hypnotised an awful lot of people with his bull#### over the years.
Yes he did.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
First time I’ve looked at his website, good grief it reeks of ego, entitlement and disdain for the fans. He repeats the claim that he was our most successful manager, despite Godfrey achieving three years of respectable top-half League One finishes as opposed to one from Tisdale AND Godfrey had the FA Cup run, then we have Cooper who actually WON the title, something Tisdale has never achieved in professional football. Also, are we to believe he hadn’t been tapped up by the Franchise prior to his final game with us...?

Last edited:

iscalad

Ajose won't train on the 3g pitch. No training, no playing.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm still waiting for you to tell us what Taylor acts like on the cricket pitch !!

elginCity

First time I’ve looked at his website, good grief it reeks of ego, entitlement and disdain for the fans.....
I interpreted it differently. It's a personal sales pitch, so you would expect some gloss, but it's fair comment overall IMO.

There was a different pressure from that at other clubs. I was given time and the players were given the chance to play 40 or 50 games to learn their trade as we tried to create assets on the pitch. In time we managed to rebuild and, in turn, made a profit.
Tis has always talked of building, and builders need time to complete a project. He doesn't have the force of personality to inspire an underperforming squad in the short term, and is a reason why MKD and the Gas appointed the wrong man in expecting a short term fix.

I’ve always just wanted to build something I’m proud of – and I managed that at Exeter. It’s a very different place to how I found it.
I don't think anyone could argue with that - he played a huge part in our club's renaissance of which he's proud, and rightly so.

Grecianman135

First time I’ve looked at his website, good grief it reeks of ego, entitlement and disdain for the fans. He repeats the claim that he was our most successful manager, despite Godfrey achieving three years of respectable top-half League One finishes as opposed to one from Tisdale AND Godfrey had the FA Cup run, then we have Cooper who actually WON the title, something Tisdale has never achieved in professional football. Also, are we to believe he hadn’t been tapped up by the Franchise prior to his final game with us...?

The Constant claims fans don’t know how it feels to lose 2 playoff finals... the mans ego is unreal!

Langer

I don’t think any club will give him long enough to replicate his previous success some would say if you need 5/10 years to achieve something are you the Messiah or a naughty boy.

Bittners a Legend

I don't think anyone could argue with that - he played a huge part in our club's renaissance of which he's proud, and rightly so.
I've posted my views lots of times previously on Tisdale so won't bore people with too long a post again but while I don't disagree with you on this Elgy, things would have been very different us for and Tisdale if Matt Grimes had not come along and been sold when he was. What would have happened if he had broken his leg before his sale to Swansea? We didn't really have any other assets - he had filled the time with older players with little value.

There is a total disconnect from how Tisdale presents things and how things actually happened at ECFC in my opinion. In the first couple of years I think his work ethic was stronger, his ideas more original and he was aided by strong personalities like John Yems and even Perryman. By the end he believed in his own cult of personality, didn't want to put the hard work in and became obsessed by being seen to be different rather than using difference as a genuine way to get ahead of opponents.

I personally don't hold any venom towards him and think he gave me some great moments as a fan but his view of reality is delusional and I'm proud to have been one of those that stood up to speak in support of giving him notice when both club officials and some Trustees tried to intimidate members out of voting for that motion (anybody remember the bizarre attempts to claim it would be unlawful to give him notice?!).