• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Archie Collins

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
A very good game away at Gillingham. I thought he looked better with Atangana playing the most defensive midfield role , allowing Archie's creativity to be used a bit more and just a bit further up the pitch. It was the sort of performance to make those of us (like me) who think that he won't probably become a Championship player to understand why he might.

Pobbop

Yeah, tbf he should be given credit for knuckling down in a position that clearly doesn't suit him for much of the season, further forward is obviously his strength.

tonykellowfan

Some people look a bit silly on this thread.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some people look a bit silly on this thread.
Who and why ?

Grecian Max

A very good game away at Gillingham. I thought he looked better with Atangana playing the most defensive midfield role , allowing Archie's creativity to be used a bit more and just a bit further up the pitch. It was the sort of performance to make those of us (like me) who think that he won't probably become a Championship player to understand why he might.
Nigel gets the best out of him and as you say it allowed him to take a more advanced role. Still shooting unnecessarily from 30 yards at least once a game, careful he doesn't become the new Sercombe on that.

He won't make Championship but L1 is fine with us.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Collins is doing a decent enough job however he isn't an outstanding league two player and talk of him playing in the championship any time soon is utterly laughable.

Ash

Collins is doing a decent enough job however he isn't an outstanding league two player and talk of him playing in the championship any time soon is utterly laughable.
Maybe not anytime soon, but I think he could if he continues to improve. Still young enough for sure. And I think he is starting to look like an outstanding league two player.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
He got involved well in the attacking moves,but he needs to cut out dwelling on the ball too much.He was lucky not to get dispossessed twice on Saturday that could have led to a goal.

andrew p long

I came to this thread to say what a good game Archie had yesterday (all round, not just for the goal). But then found the above similar post from me in November.

Both strong games from Archie were with Atangana alongside....I'm with Max's post 135 on this.

Interesting that this transfer window bids for City youngsters have been for Joel Randall, but not (so far as we know) for Archie.

Albumen

I think his main gift is his composure. He will, and has, got caught occasionally. But he’s so mature for his age and in his position.

I saw him on his first start, against Fulham and he blew me away.

He works so hard and shows glimpses of absolute quality: Goals and passes. He also, touch wood, seems pretty durable. Which is vital.

I don’t see any reason why he couldn’t play a lot higher. luckily we have a production line of Collins’ in the U18’s.

Enjoy him while he’s here.