• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Archie Collins

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another outstanding performance again from the lad. Onwards and upwards. UTC!
Nice try however you either need a new rod or a dictionary.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another Collins type performance today, 6 / 10.

Grecianpasty

He's a natural born leader. I think the commentators said he's the only player that has played every game this season. Says alot about the lad and seems to be learning a lot playing next to Jake Taylor.

Its no coincidence that we've played so well since the two have been playing side by side with each other.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I told you earlier why he is playing every game, because Atangana is unavailable.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I told you earlier why he is playing every game, because Atangana is unavailable.
....and of course we don't have Lloyd James anymore! :rolleyes:

budegrecian

He's a natural born leader. I think the commentators said he's the only player that has played every game this season. Says alot about the lad and seems to be learning a lot playing next to Jake Taylor.

Its no coincidence that we've played so well since the two have been playing side by side with each other.
You are right about him being a natural born leader; when Jack Sparkes was having a rough time v the Orient winger, on Tuesday, it was Archie that could be seen going over to him to give him encouragement. He did the same today, when Josh Key came up against a winger that gave him some problems for the first time this season.

Red Devon

Archie has a good game, if only he’d hit that shot with his right foot...if only.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am a big Archie fan but thought he looked a bit tired today and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s given a rest on Tuesday.

grecIAN Harris

Archie Collins is going to be another Matt Gill, a consistent 6-7/10 player who you will only realise what he does when he's not there. Gilly was the same. There were similar discussions on here about him when he first arrived, then he missed a couple of games injured and suddenly people realised he was the one who made the side tick without doing anything overly flash.

Grecianpasty

Archie Collins is going to be another Matt Gill, a consistent 6-7/10 player who you will only realise what he does when he's not there. Gilly was the same. There were similar discussions on here about him when he first arrived, then he missed a couple of games injured and suddenly people realised he was the one who made the side tick without doing anything overly flash.
Matt Gill went from playing for city in the conference to playing for Norwich in the championship. So he must have done something right.

I don't like comparing players, both Gill and Collins played in a completely different set up, in different leagues and alongside very different players. He also was utilised for his long throw ins in a conference league 12/13 years ago that necessitated a long ball approach.