• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup 3rd round proper matchday thread

dontpassback

Judging by that interview,I would think that there will be some city players who have been left in no doubt about where they stand,Matt Taylor wasn’t happy and if they don’t perform I wouldn’t be surprised to see some departures, UTC !

Red Bill

I'm afraid McArdle was jst a bad signing, he's looked poor since pre season. A bit of financial prudence to s vital at the moment, but I don't think we'll have any chance of achieving anything this season unless we can get a new CB that's at least good enough for L2, so I think it's worth getting the wallet out for this.
I'm certainly not going to join the doom mongers just because we've lost to a championship side or have had a bad game, but we must sort the s out, lack of confidence in central defence can affect the whole team.

Exehausted

I was surprised that he singled out Jack and Ryan like that. He said I'm only telling you what I've told them in there. I'm sure it is, but managers normally keep that in the dressing room. I know we all want to know the ins and outs of everything, but sometimes the least said in public the better. New contracts are often being talked about in January these days. Perhaps some are asking for more (or their agents are) than Matt thinks they are worth and he's using this as a wake up call. It seems that there is a bit of tension building up. That needs to be sorted quickly if we are to get our season back on track. As others have said, win our games in hand and we are right back in it. That needs to start on Tuesday and we need to build some momentum again.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just like the Harrogate game from the minute MT tries to make attacking substitutions the performance degenerates and starts to go backwards badly...it was a match we really should have taken into extra time at least.

denzel

Really weird, I expected some critique but people are losing their minds. Almost as if dropping to 10th has happened whilst playing 😅

Same lot will be spunking themselves silly when we get a decent haul from the next few games which are pretty winnable before Carlisle.
It would be nice to have a cup run at least once every 40 years. I said I would be worried if we didnt perform on Tuesday, what evidence is there in the last three games that we will get a decent haul in the next three?

suffolklad

I'm afraid McArdle was jst a bad signing, he's looked poor since pre season. A bit of financial prudence to s vital at the moment, but I don't think we'll have any chance of achieving anything this season unless we can get a new CB that's at least good enough for L2, so I think it's worth getting the wallet out for this.
I'm certainly not going to join the doom mongers just because we've lost to a championship side or have had a bad game, but we must sort the s out, lack of confidence in central defence can affect the whole team.
I'm not in the doom monger category but we have to recognise a bad performance when you see it. At the least Mat Taylor recognises that and is clearly dealing with it. Hopefully!!!!!!!

manc grecian

........you amaze me how could you possibly have missed it....it was only a few minutes after MJ’s misdirected header.
It wasn't a one on one. He should've got off a better shot but you can't have seen many games in your 100 yrs watching if that was one of the worst misses.

Red Devon

It wasn't a one on one. He should've got off a better shot but you can't have seen many games in your 100 yrs watching if that was one of the worst misses.
It should have been easily put away into the corner of the net not gently passed to the keeper.

manc grecian

It should have been easily put away into the corner of the net not gently passed to the keeper.
Easily? He should've made the keeper work but it wasn't a tap in.

Red Devon

Easily? He should've made the keeper work but it wasn't a tap in.
It just needed to be put out of Wildsmith’s reach power wasn’t needed.