• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyo

On a more serious point, whereas its probably, just about, worth it for smaller clubs to open grounds and allow up to 2,000 spectators, it's difficult to see how medium and larger clubs could generate profit with larger stadium and more season ticket holders.

Gutted by this, living in Bristol I will be unable to come down and watch matches for the time being, will stick to iFollow for now.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
On a more serious point, whereas its probably, just about, worth it for smaller clubs to open grounds and allow up to 2,000 spectators, it's difficult to see how medium and larger clubs could generate profit with larger stadium and more season ticket holders.
They won’t..They will have the substantial expense of opening up the stadium for a Just a small % of its capacity.

Even clubs at L2 level inc the Grecians will/could lose money per game,without this mythical bailout which is still nowhere to be seen.

As bizarre & counter to what all fans want,unless there is a economically viable crowd allowed into stadiums,it makes no sense to open them in the current climate.

IBA

They won’t..They will have the substantial expense of opening up the stadium for a Just a small % of its capacity.

Even clubs at L2 level inc the Grecians will/could lose money per game,without this mythical bailout which is still nowhere to be seen.

As bizarre & counter to what all fans want,unless there is a economically viable crowd allowed into stadiums,it makes no sense to open then in the current climate.
In addition, I would have thought that ironically any of the usual money making options for the club on match days are the most hazardous re Covid.

As bizarre & counter to what all fans want,unless there is a economically viable crowd allowed into stadiums,it makes no sense to open then in the current climate.
I wonder what this break even attendance is for City? I suspect that the "Gates Committee" will have good idea. Their input into the financial planning decides on budgets, Shirley? A devil's advocate would say that our attendances pre-COVID were not large enough to break even, looking at the Balance Sheet (obs without transfer income, blah blah). Same the Football League over.

older-codger

Tier 2 can have 4,000 or 50% of capacity so in theory we could have almost a normal crowd

Oldsmobile-88

In addition, I would have thought that ironically any of the usual money making options for the club on match days are the most hazardous re Covid.
Yes..Though i very much doubt the bars & kiosks will be open initially once a limited number of fans are allowed back.
It will be a slow ramp up.Hospitality is a big earner,not sure how that fits in with all of it.

I reckon it will the the ST holders(1,400) & that will be it.The club have already got their money so nothing coming in potentially.

jimmy

Tier 2 can have 4,000 or 50% of capacity so in theory we could have almost a normal crowd
2000 bey

Oldsmobile-88

I thought it was only Tier 1 that had the 4,000 max ?
I stand to be corrected on that.

With the current social distancing protocols,I would think it’s around 2,500 max at SJP.

Boyo

Up to 2,000, subject to social distancing/logistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.