• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Poor little precious ones, Little angels might get offended!

There's been a variation on this story every year for ages in the lead up to Christmas.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There's been a variation on this story every year for ages in the lead up to Christmas.
It's almost as if the copyright owners are creating the stories to ensure publicity for their record and therefore sales and plays.

DB9

It's almost as if the copyright owners are creating the stories to ensure publicity for their record and therefore sales and plays.
Do they really need to do that? There are about half dozen/dozen classic songs each year that come out that everyone knows and seem to buy, This is one of them. Noddy Holder did say his song is his pension and does very well out of it and that's nearly 50 years old!

Rosencrantz

Do they really need to do that? There are about half dozen/dozen classic songs each year that come out that everyone knows and seem to buy, This is one of them.
Noddy Holder and Jim Lea have always said that Merry Xmas Everybody was their pension pot 🎅🎅

Reactions: DB9

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is one of them. Noddy Holder did say his song is his pension and does very well out of it and that's nearly 50 years old!
There ain't no justice. He ought to be in the Tower of London for writing that.

DB9

Noddy Holder and Jim Lea have always said that Merry Xmas Everybody was their pension pot 🎅🎅
Wonder if they thought back in 1973 it would be still played and earning a shed load for them nearly 50 years later?

Spoonz Red E

Exactly.
'Radio friendly' versions of songs have been common since grooves were put into vinyl.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Pogues have just retweeted these sentiments

This is all I’m gonna say on it for the whole year: the word itself being in Fairytale Of New York doesn’t bother or offend me, but straight people being so angry & outraged at its removal and literally fighting and arguing for the right to sing it bothers me deeply

Swanaldo

I recall a friend at College who worked at the Ryvita factory in Poole in the summer holidays. He told me that matey who was in charge of the section was stirring the mix with a horrid runny nose.
I had a friend who worked in the Brains Faggots factory. She said she would never consider eating one...

Alistair20000

I had a friend who worked in the Brains Faggots factory. She said she would never consider eating one...
Love a faggot me. (Food version).

Reactions: DB9