• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
You put it all back into the trolley and go to the packing area
If you can find a packing area in our local Lidl, We'd happily do that.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Billy has always despised men who go to supermarkets! :)
I don't despise us for going in those places. It's just no place for a man to venture.

You know I'm right.

Reactions: DB9

elginCity

Longish Costa queue and some young buck with his filly in tow drops his mask below his chin and sidles right up behind me. Politely ask him to move back, and he 'advises' very impolitely that I should move closer to the person in front, ignoring the huge feck orf distancing markers on the floor those in front of him were all occupying.

Nearly lost it with the little scroat, before I remind myself of my age ! :LOL:

Antony Moxey

I quite like meandering around Tesco at a leisurely pace, and even more so since we discovered scan as you shop a while back. Don’t think I’ll ever go back to queueing at a checkout again, especially as the bulk of our shopping now is click and collect.

Oldsmobile-88

Nearly lost it with the little scroat, before I remind myself of my age ! :LOL:
Yep..I know the feeling..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I quite like meandering around Tesco at a leisurely pace, and even more so since we discovered scan as you shop a while back. Don’t think I’ll ever go back to queueing at a checkout again, especially as the bulk of our shopping now is click and collect.
You pick the stuff you want off the shelf, and put it in the bag that helps putting away in the store cupboard. You get the little reminders about that items offer (e.g 4 for £2). No more loading and unloading until you get to your car. Pay and then go. 35 minutes I reckon it takes me to do our shopping, tops. Why so people still do it the old fashioned way?

Swanaldo

Politely ask him to move back, and he 'advises' very impolitely that I should move closer to the person in front, ignoring the huge feck orf distancing markers on the floor those in front of him were all occupying.
That's when I would start coughing in his general direction.

Alistair20000

That would be my first reaction but not too sure it is wise Swanny.

Matey is clearly a count but may have a degree of low cunning. Ponder this: he has witnesses of you coughing in his general direction and summons Plod or one of them Covid marshals* and accuses you of trying to infect him. And when you are having to explain you may be losing.

Sometimes better just to walk away.

Uncle Al here to recommend caution.

* Did they recruit any ?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
That would be my first reaction but not too sure it is wise Swanny.

Matey is clearly a count but may have a degree of low cunning. Ponder this: he has witnesses of you coughing in his general direction and summons Plod or one of them Covid marshals* and accuses you of trying to infect him. And when you are having to explain you may be losing.

Sometimes better just to walk away.

Uncle Al here to recommend caution.

* Did they recruit any ?
*They have them patrolling Stoke on Trent.

fred binneys head

I think you should do a current day remake of Monty Python’s Holy Grail.