• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

jimbo-gould

Every single full back in the pro game started out as a winger. Young kids aren't dreaming of being the next Gary Neville or Danny Mills. I'm not sure why people bring this up as if it's remotely unusual or interesting.
This speech get banded around a lot. I was always a full back when I was younger, it was always where I wanted to play, and Gary Neville was my idol. Not very exciting I know.

The only reason I mentioned rhat the other players were previously wingers was that The post I replied to suggested Key is out of position, albeit not as out of position if he were tried at striker

logman

Yes I've heard a similar thing. The other rumour being that he has no interest in playing in league one.
Championship or he’s happy to stay here. I think we have a player with a decent amount of loyalty. He also turned in one of his best performances for a long time on Saturday so I cant wait for tonight’s window to close.

jimbo-gould

Championship or he’s happy to stay here. I think we have a player with a decent amount of loyalty. He also turned in one of his best performances for a long time on Saturday so I cant wait for tonight’s window to close.
The domestic window doesn’t close tonight, sadly.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was thinking very much the same thing. Had he not been brought down and able to continue his run and score that would have rivalled John Barnes’s goal against Brazil.

Grecianpasty

I acrually thought he was pretty poor on Saturday. His end product wasn't up to par for me.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The domestic window doesn’t close tonight, sadly.
Closes 5.00 pm Friday 16th October.

scottus86

I acrually thought he was pretty poor on Saturday. His end product wasn't up to par for me.
I'll say it again. He whipped in 4 or 5 crosses across the face of goal at a perfect height for them to be nodded in. His shooting was woeful and he did over hit a few crosses as he does in most games. But his end product on Saturday wasn't bad, there was just no one rushing in onto his crosses, that's not his fault.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I actually thought he was pretty poor on Saturday. His end product wasn't up to par for me.
You can say that again! His shooting was increasingly woeful. He seemed intent on getting the ball as far down Oxford Road as he could! A factor not lost on any scouts I'm sure.

Grecianpasty

You can say that again! His shooting was increasingly woeful. He seemed intent on getting the ball as far down Oxford Road as he could! A factor not lost on any scouts I'm sure.
That's my biggest concern. With the emergence of key and the prospect of caprice, id personally like to see us cash in on Williams. If he doesn't get the move he wants this window he will not have the same motivation to play to the same level as he did last year.

logman

Closes 5.00 pm Friday 16th October.
Sorry, my bad.