• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

Boyo

For 200k we should be able to sign some good talent from non-league or prem academy players looking to kick start their careers.
Following the windfalls from Chrisene and Watkins which has secured our medium term future, all of the Williams cash of 200k should go to MT to strengthen the team. Thats 2 decent players for a year at L2 level
For me, any injection of money into the playing budget should be spread over a minimum of 3 years, so we at least have some continuity and attempt to progress in a sustainable way. That said, add in Randell's salary and we're probably £300k better off, so £100k / season for the next three years.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Following the windfalls from Chrisene and Watkins which has secured our medium term future, all of the Williams cash of 200k should go to MT to strengthen the team. Thats 2 decent players for a year at L2 level
At circa 100k each, i.e. 2k a week I would hope we could find better than decent. It should be two very good high impact players.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster

manc grecian

I'm getting release clause vibes

ryancooper327

Wonder if anyone will agree to having a sell on after Brentford having to split with a few mill.

Rosencrantz

At circa 100k each, i.e. 2k a week I would hope we could find better than decent. It should be two very good high impact players.
Who would probably want more than a one year deal. Either the club do as before and set aside a block of money to add to the base budget spread over a number of years or you look for loan players/short term deals (likely not to be as proven) until the point arrives that the club feel they can commit to that situation.

iscalad

Facebook in meltdown over our lack of ambition

DB9

TBF The facebook generation are always in meltdown about something.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
As a club I don't want to hear we don't have any money, don't have a sugar daddy etc etc for a long time.

We now have plenty of cash relative to the level we are at, how we choose to spend that cash is down to those in charge.

Let's move on from the little old Exeter City, we don't have a pot to p!$$ in vibe.

i8cornwall

Probably have a point at the moment mind, tho I’m aware the club does have ambition but never tells anyone what it is or even how it plans to go about it, there in lies the problem of poor communication to the wider fan base on a huge range of things.