• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good question!
Randell has never struck me a being the Posh type.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
About as reliable as Randell's crossing then.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope we find a replacement asap. If not, we could be in a spot of bother next season.
I don't think so. Although Randel was good on occasions he was equally as poor, if we look at the playoff final the cobblers full back had him sussed and he was quiet, as he had been when other teams focused on him, then our supply would dry up and chances with it, I think it could be a good thing, and I still like the idea of playing it along the ground with Jay and Ajose and Bowman as a battering ram, Sparkes can play ahead of Page if need be as well

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we should behave like Brentford and hold out for 28m for him.

It sounds like he's off which is ashame because he was very useful. We need to sign a couple of players ASAP. Without Williams or Holmes we're a bit light in the attacking third.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Following the windfalls from Chrisene and Watkins which has secured our medium term future, all of the Williams cash of 200k should go to MT to strengthen the team. Thats 2 decent players for a year at L2 level

STURTZ

Can't cross (?) but it's the 17 assists that we will miss, top help rate in league 2 last season. Still say that his crossing was o.k. and if we had a decent player in the middle then he might have got more.

IndoMike

I hope he doesn't go: I'll miss Harris' constant drumbeat about Williams always checking back onto his left foot before crossing. Do you hear me, Harris?

Colesman Ballz

Good question!
Randell has never struck me a being the Posh type.
Nothing Posh about Peterboro these days, not only is Barry Fry there, but they even had Steve Evans recently too ! :(

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
We pretty much built a lot of our play around Williams last season, if Sparkes had the ball as much as Williams I reckon he could rack up a shed load of assists, Sparkes is a far better crosser of the ball, also young Randall looks a real threat, I'm not too fussed if he goes especially if we end up with a decent chunk of cash.